Emby Skip Intro

Will it be possible for Infuse to support Emby Remote-comtrol?

Emby will support Intro Skip, already does with the IntroSkip plugin.
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/107673-testing-intro-skipping/

It could also be used to skip commercials with the help of the Comskipper plugin.

Thanks!

30 Likes

The plugin uses Emby’s remote control capabilities for the automatic Intro Skip, same as does the Comskipper plugin (but for commercials).

However, the native implementation of Intro Skip simply stores the intro timestamps as tagged markers in the chapters of each episode. So in this case, it would be up to Infuse to read those timestamps and offer Intro Skip functionality like they do with Plex.

2 Likes

Yes, I know both are different. Thanks for the clarification!!

1 Like

I just wanted to point out that Emby’s native implementation of the Intro Skip feature has finally been released on the stable version of Emby Server (even though it was technically added a few versions prior). It would be great if Infuse could read those intro markers and offer skip functionality, but I would still like to see Remote Control functionality as has been posted in the original post.

2 Likes

Hope it gets work on in the near future since Infuse already support Skip Intro function from Plex.

1 Like

If you don’t mind my asking, how does that feature work?

With Infuse / Plex / Emby (etc.) users sourcing their content from many different places (broadcast TV, streaming, disc, etc.) where the various versions available (some that include “previously on” sections; and some that don’t; some that include differing varieties of pre-episode studio, network, and/or distribution format logos and content ratings/warnings; and some that don’t) would make noting a specific intro start and end time that would work for everyone impractical, how are the timings determined?

(Apologies if this is irrelevant and derailing to the request itself — Emby won’t let me read the linked threads.)

Intros are detected by identifying a common audio segment between multiple episodes.

1 Like

I taught it would be quicker than that to implement. It didn’t take this long to implement the Plex Skip Intro features.

It’s not that it wouldn’t take a long time to implement, but Infuse has been pretty busy at the moment and this thread unfortunately doesn’t have many likes so is unlikely to get much attention before other things are done.

1 Like

Yeah, I understand that. I just hope that it gets added at some point.

I am a Emby user and would really like for the intro skip function to be supported under Infuse. This feature has now been officially supported by emby without third party for a while. I know Infuse support intro skip for Plex but i would really be grateful for the same support for Emby.

Thank you

2 Likes

I moved your post to a currently running thread in the suggestions forum requesting this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Curious if this emby intro skip might be in the works?

1 Like

You can keep an eye out for the status of a feature request by checking the topic tags as discussed here.

You can also see what’s on the upcoming roadmap for Infuse here.

Thanks, i did see those but didn’t see anything on this issue hence the question.

As soon as there is a change it will show up in the tags and possibly the upcoming features, until then there’s no time frame available.

It’s tough not to get impatient at times but there are a lot of fixes and improvements in the pipeline right now. :wink:

1 Like

Roger. Intro skip works great in plex. Thanks for that.

It’s implemented for Plex.

Now we’re impatient to see it for Emby.

Would love to see this on the roadmap

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink: