Emby Metadata Update not working

Since a while Infuse is unable to detect new date from Emby. The initial sync does work, but then no new or changed items are detected by Infuse. I tested it with Apple TV 4K 2021 and iOS.
I also tested it with 2 different Emby Servers (Linux + MacOS) and different Emby Server Versions (4.6.4.0 and 4.5.4.0).
There are no errors visible in the Emby Server log.
The Plugin InfuseSync (Version 1.3.3.0) is installed on the Emby Servers.

Can you describe the type of content which is missing in Infuse?

Are you using multiple users in Emby?

Can you see if the same issue is present in 7.1?

After the initial sync with emby no new items from the emby server are found by infuse regardless if it’s a movie or a TV series or episode. It seems infuse does not detect any changes in the emby libraries.
Upgarding to Infuse 7.1 didn’t solve my problem.
I only got one user in Emby.
If I try this with a Plex share everything is working as expected, but I like emby better than plex and would like to use it.

Can you run ‘Scan for Changes’ in Infuse > Settings > Library, let the process finish, and then submit a diagnostic report (and post the code here)?

If you can also list a few titles which were added to Emby that are missing from Infuse, that may be helpful.

I have sent the diagnostic report - the code is BJ7FJ
As an example the following movies have been added to emby and don’t find their way into Infuse:

Arn - Der Kreuzritter
Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw

1 Like

I purchased Infuse 3 month ago and since then, I’ve never been able to get it to update on it’s own as I’m forced to delete the Cache every time to get Infuse to update properly. At first it was a nightmare, as I was deleting and re-adding my Emby server, luckily I realized that simply deleting the cache did the same thing.

I’ve tried creating new Emby users, changed the password, re-installed Infuse, nothing helped. And I realized that there is no “connection issue”, since deleting the cache simply forces infuse to read everything again and it succeeds. It simply refuses to get the new content once it’s setup.

I’ve written to support a month ago but never got a reply :frowning:
I’d really like to get this fixed as it makes the experience of using Infuse pretty terrible.

The Diagnostics I had sent back then was: J4Y83

Thanks for the report!

We have a few Emby related improvements on our radar to look into, and hope to have some news on this soon.

1 Like

I’ve cancelled my subscription for now.

Will renew if the product actually works, but for now, this product doesn’t work as advertise :expressionless:
It simply doesn’t seem to correctly support Emby …