Emby has combined "Next Up" and "Continue Watching" in a single row

Hi, Emby has merged “Continue watching” with “Next Up” in a single row (Beta 4.6.0.9). I report it in case it is of interest and if it should be taken into account in Infuse. In fact, “Next Up” does not return items and “Continue Watching” returns both rows.

1 Like

Plex is playing around with similar logic, too.

Hi,

Emby Server 4.6 is just around the corner. The Infuse “Next Up” hub is still empty when we connect to an Emby Server 4.6.

Here I show the current settings of the Emby Server 4.6. The “Next Up” hub should be populated from the “Next Up (Legacy)” hub of the Emby Server.

Merged “Continue Watching” + “Next Up”:

Legacy “Continue Watching” + “Next Up” row:

I am a happy user of Emby and Infuse 7 on Apple TV 4k (gen 1). A few Days ago Emby Server updated to 4.6 and On Deck is no longer populated.

Based on the release notes Emby Server 4.6 Released - Emby Blog - Emby Community is suspect the merger of Next Up and Continue Watching in Emby broke on Deck

Is anyone else seeing this, and is there a work around.

thanks
LoneRanger

How do we view all of our “Watching” section on tvOS? I have several shows in progress but only see 9 in the Watching/On Deck section. Using Emby.

Code: NMS5A

@James is this even being looked at? This thread started in Dec. 2020 and not one comment from you?

This thread has been tagged as “researching”

1 Like

Yes… for 7 months. Thanks though.

This is being looked into.

This thread was tagged as researching on 5/29. :slight_smile:

8/2 now and no progress?

Any news @james ?

No response???

This is under investigation, but there is no ETA available yet. Thanks.

Hi,

any news on this topic?

Infuse 7.3 is now available and includes support the merged lists.

I hate this change so much, I switched back to Plex for now. So annoying.

2 Likes

Plex is doing away with the separate lists as well, so even if we wanted to keep it the separate On Deck list would likely stop working in the near future.

Damn, what a mindboggling decision. Thanks for the clarification!

I doubt Plex will merge the lists, On Deck is useful, Up next is useless. And the Plex Web interface still shows On Deck (now named Continue Watching), I see no reason not to keep it; and there is no Up Next, that one you should drop.

The problem with Firecore, beside becoming a nuisance to find what you were really watching, is that the setting on the home screen still show an item for “On Deck”, which you can move in the order, etc. but there is no On Deck by itself. So a useless change is also confusing.

They already did. Like me, you are probably using an older Plex version…