Emby has combined "Next Up" and "Continue Watching" in a single row

@James is this even being looked at? This thread started in Dec. 2020 and not one comment from you?

This thread has been tagged as “researching”

1 Like

Yes… for 7 months. Thanks though.

This is being looked into.

This thread was tagged as researching on 5/29. :slight_smile:

8/2 now and no progress?

Any news @james ?

No response???

This is under investigation, but there is no ETA available yet. Thanks.

Hi,

any news on this topic?

Infuse 7.3 is now available and includes support the merged lists.

I hate this change so much, I switched back to Plex for now. So annoying.

2 Likes

Plex is doing away with the separate lists as well, so even if we wanted to keep it the separate On Deck list would likely stop working in the near future.

Damn, what a mindboggling decision. Thanks for the clarification!

I doubt Plex will merge the lists, On Deck is useful, Up next is useless. And the Plex Web interface still shows On Deck (now named Continue Watching), I see no reason not to keep it; and there is no Up Next, that one you should drop.

The problem with Firecore, beside becoming a nuisance to find what you were really watching, is that the setting on the home screen still show an item for “On Deck”, which you can move in the order, etc. but there is no On Deck by itself. So a useless change is also confusing.

They already did. Like me, you are probably using an older Plex version…

This change has been growing on me and I may even prefer it to the dedicated On Deck row, except for one thing. I have it set to “Watching Only” and it seems that once all episodes of a TV show have been watched, it no longer appears in this row when a new episode becomes available. I assume this is a bug?

This is on Apple TV 4K (2017), tvOS 15.2.

Edit: Restarting the app made another show appear in the Up Next row but still not all of them. It is definitely a bug.
Edit2: Restarting Plex (again) seems to have solved the problem!

2 Likes

Nope, using latest version in both server and client (for iPadOS).

As I said, the Next Up/Up Next is gone, at least the “predictive” feature they had (which assumed everybody likes binge watching), and good riddance.

Thanks for the tips about “watching only” and restarting Plex… not sure if this last one is related to the Infuse bug that shows an error about the file not found when said file was moved long ago (refresh on Infuse solves that, but still an annoyance).

I’d want the Continue Watching Home Screen preview to show what plex has for On Deck, which would include the next unwatched episode, instead of only partly-watched episodes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.