Emby displays items as HDR instead of Dolby Vision

Hello everybody. All movies in Dolby Vision mkv shows in the discription as HDR and not DV. If it’s Dolby Vision mp4, DV appears correctly. But if it’s mkv, it shows HDR. Can you fix this in a future update? Thanks

1 Like

You can like :heart: this post for adding more info to unsupported files

Where are these files being streamed from?

Do the files actually appear in Dolby Vision when played in Infuse?

If these are dual-track/layer files then most likely Infuse is not able to support the secondary DV portion, so that is why you are seeing an HDR tag instead of DV.

The files are being streamed from my Emby server. They play in Dolby Vision, it’s everything ok when playing in Infuse, it’s just the description that’s wrong. If it’s an mp4 file, it appears DV in the description. If it’s mkv, it appears HDR10.

For example, this file is Dolby Vision and plays in DV. But it says HDR in the description.

This is likely a limitation with Emby, as Infuse gets the video details from there instead of fetching its own.

If you setup a direct connection (via SMB, NFS, etc…) then Infuse should be able to display the correct specs.

2 Likes

Emby devs are working on this, apparently:
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72953-add-dolby-vision-dolby-atmos-dtsx-hdr10plus-and-hlg-to-mediainfo/

Please be aware: It definitely is NOT real Dolby Vision playback.

Your TV might say DV, but it is definitely not.

See here: Profile 8 fallback to HDR support - #8 by tbor85

They’re profile 5, not 8.

I see your comment before was from Dec 21. Back then even P5 was labeled „HDR“ in Infuse interface. My mistake. Apologies.

DV profile 5 MKV files are still labelled “HDR” in Infuse when using Emby. Emby are working on fixing this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.