Update: works fine with another DVD! Must be a Porblem of this one!
I just installed the new Media Player version 0.6 and riped a DVD to test. Unfortunately i am not able to access the menu of the DVD and start the movie.
What i did:
- Installing maintenance and media player (0.6)
- Restarted lowtide
- Riped the DVD with MacTheRipper on my iMac (DVD Title: Keine halben Sachen 2 --> German Version of "the whole nine yards 2") to a directory on my Server
- Tested the ripped DVD with my mac dvd player --> ok
- Started the Media player on my ATV2 and started the playback. The menu is displayed but i can not select any of the menus. The 1 minute menu movie runs forever
- Stopped the media player and started xmbc. Selected the first .IFO file and everything runs well. I even can select chapters
I found 1 difference of the behavior when i started the movie with the different players:
On the mac and with xmbc a short pre-movie is shown (“copying dvd is illegal”) and then the menu shows up and works. With Media Player, this pre-movie is skipped and the menu is displayed directely (and does not work).
At the moment i only have this dvd to test.
Is this a known problem?
Thanks and kind regards