DTS-HD MA & TrueHD not working via Plex

TV is LG C9 which support eARC and has HDMI 2.1.
AV Receiver is Denon AVR-X3600H which supports eARC.
Infuse Pro 6.

MKV files via Plex that are TrueHD or DTS-HD MA are not passing through to the Denon. Tested with Apple TV 4K directly connected to the Denon and LG.

Denon displays the Source as Apple TV, Sound as Multi In + DSurround, and Signal as PCM.

What setting should I change?

Welcome to the forum!

I believe that Infuse will decode DTS-HD MA & TrueHD and pass that on as lossless PCM up to 7.1 channels of 24-bit, 48KHz audio.

This may help shed some light. Audio Options (tvOS) – Firecore

Edit to add: Here’s another thread where James explains this. Can infuse pro play DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD sound tracks? - #4 by james

I’ve read the article several times. Should I assume that even though the Denon displays the audio as “Multi In + DSurround”, it is in fact playing DTS-HD MA or TrueHD?

Yes, I just edited my post to reflect another post where James explains this. Can infuse pro play DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD sound tracks? - #4 by james

That is awesome. I’ve been searching here and web for the past few hours trying to find out why the Denon is not displaying it correctly. Thank you.

It took me a while to get used to seeing the PCM on my Denon but it is putting out the right quality. Glad to help.

Is it true that only the Pro version will play DTS-HD MA and TrueHD?

See here Infuse 7 - An Elegant Video Player | Firecore and look at the orange section labeled “Do even more with Infuse PRO”

Thank you. Reason I posted is that in the main body of the description for Infuse, it reads:

• PLAY MORE VIDEO TYPES

A powerful video player that plays just about anything, including the standard MP4, M4V and MOV – plus MKV, AVI, WMV, MTS, ISO, VIDEO_TS, FLV, OGM, OGV, ASF, 3GP, DVR-MS, WebM, and WTV. Includes fully certified Dolby® Digital Plus (AC3/E-AC3), DTS® and DTS-HD® audio.

Later in the description, it talks about

GET MORE WITH INFUSE PRO!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.