DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD

I have infuse and upgraded it to infuse pro. When streaming Dolby Atmos on ATV 4K, it is turned on in my Yamaha A2080. while for DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD, they are not.
Does Infuse pro not support them? Shall I try Infuse 6 pro? my setting on received is switched on “sur. decoder auto” or “straight” when dolby Atoms are both turned on, while both DTS-HD MA and Dolby Tru HD are not. and I try “9 CH stereo” and they are not truned on either. When on “straight” it is shown “LPCM” with DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD sources.
Can someone tell me what’s wrong?
I did try the DTS-HD MA trailer from DTS Trailers - The Digital Theater.

Welcome to the forum!

You may find some of your answers here in the users guide.

Also, if you look on the Main page for Infuse here Infuse 6 - An elegant video player | Firecore under the heading “Do even more with Infuse PRO” you’ll see “Hear every detail with added support for 24-bit Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA audio.”

Keep in mind that Infuse does the decoding for these and passes it on to your receiver as LPCM which is the same quality.

thank you for reply. I saw the below in the link

Are higher sample rates (96KHz, 192KHz, etc…) supported?

Not at this time. Though virtually all commercially available Dolby and DTS audio tracks (including TrueHD and DTS-HD MA) are encoded at 48KHz, which is supported.

Does it mean Dolby and DTS audio tracks (including TrueHD and DTS-HD MA) encoded at 48KHz, are supported?

or It only supports 24KHz? like stated in " HD quality audio

Hear every detail with added support for 24-bit Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA audio."

The 48 and 24 numbers are two difference specs. The 48KHz is the sampling rate while 24-bit is the bit depth. But yes, 48KHz is the max sampling rate supported by the Apple TV at the moment.

The phrasing in the guide has been updated to clarify this.

Are higher sample rates (96KHz, 192KHz, etc…) supported?

The Apple TV does not currently support these sample rates, but if these are played in Infuse they will automatically be converted to 48KHz. Note: Most commercially available Dolby and DTS audio tracks (including TrueHD and DTS-HD MA) are encoded at 48KHz.

Hi palmkid,
the problem is, that Atmos via true hd is not supported by the atv.
Only Atmos via e-ac3 aka DD+ is supported.

That’s why you can have Atmos on Netflix or Apple TV, but not on files like BR ISO’s.
This is why James is asking to support a request or petition to Apple asking for true hd support.
So let’s do it :slight_smile:

1 Like