Dropping frames when playing videos on my external monitor with 4K resolutionon

I guess the gpu in my macbook pro 18 13-inch version is so weak. It dropped frames when playing 1080p files on my 4K external monitor. The cpu and gpu usage are both around 30%. It’s a little wried. However, if I resize the window in about 1/4 size, it played so smooth, no frames dropped. So, is it a bug or just the lack of gpu performance?

That doesn’t sound right at all. I can play 4k, 1080 movies just fine on my 4K monitor., and I have a 2014 MBP, checking Geekbench, even if you had the i5 version you are significantly faster than my 2014 No stuttering no jaggies, no problems. and that is full screen.

sounds like something else. Do you have he correct specification for your HDMI cable? Does it play fine with QuickTime? If QuickTime doesn’t play it correctly, it sounds like a hardware or cable issue

If this happens again, would you mind sending in a report from the app so we can dig a bit further into this?

Infuse > Preferences > Email Us

You can just post the 5 digit code it gives you here, there’s no need to send the actual email.