Drop-down season select

Not sure if this is a duplicate suggestion, but I was thinking it would be nice if there was a drop-down season select box instead of viewing posters for individual seasons. Kinda like what you see on the streaming platforms like Netflix or Amazon.
So how it would work is simple.
Library–ShowName–Last Watched Season and Episode.

In Library view, when you click on a show, you go straight to the most recently watched season and episode instead of opening the season select screen. This saves time as you don’t have to find the season you last watched every time, especially on shows with lots of seasons.

4 Likes

This is in progress for 7.4. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

You rock!! Not sure how you are implementing it, but getting rid of the “season posters” would save quite some space, bandwidth and API hits on TMDb. I personally dont like seeing individual season posters because most of them are either poorly scanned or custom artwork because the show never got an actual physical release.

2 Likes

It’s really necessary to skip the SelectionScreen. Especially for TV-Shows with only ONE Season :wink::+1:

2 Likes

Yep. Since we will have a great season selector, I don’t think we need the seasons screen anymore.

1 Like

Yay for the season selector!

1 Like

James, why you don’t finally skip the SeasonScreen for TV-Shows with only one Season? :thinking:

The SeasonSelector is needless if the SeasonScreen still appears…

4 Likes

Oh boy. I’m not on the beta but you telling me we still have the poster view? I mean who likes seeing posters? Non of the streaming services have individual season posters for a reason. Lets just get rid of them and thats 3000 less posters I’ll have to download everytime Infuse cache is wiped.

3 Likes

Season select is now available on the series page in 7.4.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.