I’m not quite sure how this happened but recently (about a month and a half ago) when I use the Infuse 7 app (bought the lifetime license) on my Apple TV 4K all Dolby Vision content that worked flawlessly before is now pink and green as though it’s no longer supported by my set up. Some Dolby Vision files still work (I assume they are profile 5) but before something happened, all DV files worked without issue (Profile 7 for example). Either the DV files were falling back to HDR once the file realized it wasn’t compatible with my Apple TV or just playing Dolby Vision directly.
I’ve literally changed nothing in my pipeline.
What software update has happened either on the Plex server side or on Infuse that would make this happen? I’ve also tried Infuse via SMB to my hard drive to go around the Plex Server software… So confused after a full day of troubleshooting.
• TV: TCL Roku TV 7121X (Dolby Vision capable) • Software version 10.0.0
• Apple TV 4K A1842 • tvOS 15 (using a Belkin UltraHD High Speed 4K HDMI Cable (2m))
• Plex and Infuse latest version
• reinstalling Infuse, reconfiguring the AppleTV and TCL TV Input settings, rebooting my devices.
• reformatting the AppleTV
• Apple TV: Tried every video configuration in the book, including the recommended 4K SDR default with Match Range and Frame Rate on
• factory reset the TCL TV and power cycling
• redownloaded a video file in question (which worked before but now doesn’t)
• tried swapping 2 high speed premium HDMI cables (they work fine, but of course, don’t resolve my issue - Belkin UltraHD High Speed 4K HDMI Cable (2m))