Dolby MLP (mlpa) codec support

Is the fix included in any of the betas ? Because it doesn’t seems so and I would love to verify it.

It’s almost 5 months later since I reported the issue, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

This is on our list, but requires updating a number of core items.

It should be available after the release of Infuse 7.

@james can you share an ETA ?

BTW - IINA video player doesn’t have this issue:

This thread has been marked as planned. You can check upcoming feature list here:

Still no updates for this?

Welcome to the forum!

Per @munpip214 post just above yours you can see what’s in the upcoming features here

This feature is listed in the 7.X range so it’s on the board but may take a bit.

Waiting (at least) for this feature.

2 Likes

Season greetings to all and happy 1st birthday for my feature/bug report :cake: devs any realistic plan for this request ?

Playback core improvements are delayed again to February?!

I’m guessing they want to fix the existing bugs before they do significant core improvements to audio and video areas. Easier to track new bugs and revert back if needed.

As the OP and my 2nd post showed a similar fix done by Videolan VLC, I think this isn’t a significant change to Infuse audio core. The status did change recently to « in progress » so maybe another few months?

Here’s the git diff copied from the link in my 2nd post…

-        case VLC_CODEC_TRUEHD:
+        case VLC_FOURCC( 'm', 'l', 'p', 'a' ):
             /* spec violation: 32 bits rate instead of fixed point */
+            p_fmt->i_codec = VLC_CODEC_TRUEHD;
             p_fmt->audio.i_rate = (p_soun->i_sampleratehi << 16) | p_sound>i_sampleratelo;
             break;

A post was split to a new topic: Dolby MLP codec suport

I am glad I am wrong, I think this is planned for 7.3.4 (February) Upcoming Features (updated 1/25/22)

Did I interpret this correctly? Time to dust off whatever I was doing a year ago :thinking:

Looks like it may be getting close. :wink:

That would be cool. At one point this and other features would show up in a future release but then kept sliding into the future. Though I also noticed you changed the title so it must be imminent :face_with_peeking_eye:

I think I recalled why I reported this, I was doing some DoVi Profile 5 processing with true HD. This and along some future Infuse DoVi support may position infuse nicely - at least targeted to ATV 4K Infuse users with DoVi media rips that want HD audio in mp4 :+1:

This has been added in today’s 7.3.4 update.

Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Congrats & Thanks. I re-tested the same file and voila: Dolby True HD 7.1 sound !

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.