Dolby Digital (AC3) playback from Infuse?

Can Infuse be used to play multichannel AC3-audio track of a movie to the home theater reciever using Airplay or HDMI-output?

1. iOS-device -> HDMI -> reciever -> HDMI -> TV

2. iOS-device -> Airplay -> AppleTV -> reciever -> HDMI -> TV

=)juha

Yes, full AC3 audio (passthrough) is supported when playing over HDMI or AirPlay.

Depending on how many audio tracks your video has, you may need to manually select the AC3 audio track in the Infuse audio settings (tap the gear icon in the upper right corner while a video is playing).

Hope this helps.

Does AC3 need to be the 1st track, or can my DTS-HD be first?

The track order won’t really matter since you can pick from multiple audio tracks and subtitles through the Infuse playback settings.

Infuse should actually choose the AC3 track automatically, even if it’s not track #1.

Hope this helps.

Any timeline on DTS and DTS-HD support?

No solid ETA just yet, we’re working hard to add DTS support, and hope to have it available soon.

Hi, I just bought infuse 2.0 and using it on my ipad 4, ios 7.1. I'm running into an issue to playback dolby digital ac3. The airplay button tells me to do airplay mirroring and my receiver shows my only 2.0 PCM linear. How do I get 5.1 output via airplay? Strangely enough, if I have a file with no dolby digital (2.0) and use airplay, it doesn't tell me to use mirroring, it just plays right away in 2.0. Anyone know what's going on? Anything I'm missing? Thanks for any pointers!

[quote="Noahkaoi"]

Hi, I just bought infuse 2.0 and using it on my ipad 4, ios 7.1. I'm running into an issue to playback dolby digital ac3. The airplay button tells me to do airplay mirroring and my receiver shows my only 2.0 PCM linear. How do I get 5.1 output via airplay? Strangely enough, if I have a file with no dolby digital (2.0) and use airplay, it doesn't tell me to use mirroring, it just plays right away in 2.0. Anyone know what's going on? Anything I'm missing? Thanks for any pointers!

[/quote]

Infuse supports 2 types of AirPlay: Native and mirroring.

Native AirPlay will support any videos that is h.264...even if it's an MKV, and will have full support for AC3 (surround) passthrough.

Mirroring can be used for some of the more obscure formats, like WMV, but will be limited to 2ch output over AirPlay mirroring.

Infuse will always auto-select the best method to use.