Disable ASS/SSA styling

The look and feel of ASS/SSA subtitle is completely depending on the people who made the subtitle – watching a subtitle with strange color or font or size or position is so painful.

So can you make a global option, disable ASS/SSA style, once it is disable, use the subtitle settings for SRT to render ASS/SSA?

And 2 issues:

1. Vertical position setting in a ASS/SSA subtitle, seems to be set based on Video height, for those letterboxing films, ASS/SSA subtitles are displayed at very high position even set Vertical to -2. In SRT subtitle, Vertical position is based on screen height, so subtitles are perfectly displayed within the bottom black bar.

2. Infuse will not add new subtitles if a movie is played once. Use above as sample, when I realised the bad of ASS subtitle, I converted it to SRT and uploaded to folder, quit movie and played it again, but new added subtitle couldn’t be detected. I have to quit Infuse, double-tap Home button, swipe up to kill Infuse app, relaunch it, open the same movie again, then it is able to find new added subtitle.

1 Like

An option to override SSA styles is something we’re considering for the future.

1 Like

in next version :slight_smile:

BTW, this version seems to be case sensitive when it finds subtitle files.

movie name: The.Pursuit.Of.Happyness.2006.mkv
it can’t find subtitle file: The.Pursuit.of.Happyness.2006.srt
it can find: The.Pursuit.Of.Happyness.2006.srt

Hi James,

How soon can we see this? Or else I have to spend time on searching and converting all ASS/SSA subtitles to SRT format…

Please add this feature as it is important for viewers who’re using subs.

1 Like