Developing Software For Apple Vs Android

One was used by the wife for a while, but the old remote annoyed her so she moved to the Shield. In the past we did watch some exclusive Apple content, but now that they have their app for Android they sit idle. I don’t sell them as not worth the effort for what I would get for them ad I keep hoping they will release lossless audio passthrough support. Infuse has a cleaner easier to use interface, and the appeal is hopefully to dump Kodi needing Emby. If Kodi did shared library support then I would be happy with dumping the ATV4K and doubling down on Shield. I also keep hoping nVidia would do a new Shield with more HP and more RAM.

ATV transmits everything lossless anyway, with the exception of Dolby Atmos.
And with Dolby Atmos, the topic is already so old and unpromising that it’s just pointless to hope for it.
And about everything else, you’d better write in the relevant forums, not here. This is firecore tech support, not Kodi/emby.
And all the difference between us. That I have had a powerful device for a long time, with the necessary amount of RAM, a convenient good infuse player. And I also listen to great sound, even in TrueHD, even DTS-HD in excellent quality. At least I watch streaming, even TV channels. And all this on one device :slight_smile:
And here I am absolutely not limited by anything and not infringed :slight_smile: If the ATV Nvidia Shield were in place, I wouldn’t get anything new in terms of sound, but I would lose the comfort and convenience of both infuse and tvos.

1 Like

The lounge area is to discuss other topics so here is my input.
I was a kodi user for years and then someone showed me infuse. Not a Apple customer, but I bought an Apple TV so I could use infuse. If anything they help sell Apple products.
Kodi is set in their ways and I moved on. If infuse is set in their ways also, then I move on when something better comes along,
If infuse doesn’t want to expand it’s their choice, but if they don’t someone else will. When that happens, I will then make my decision on which app to use.
In my opinion infuse is the top app at this time, but as we all have seen in the past, top apps change.
I will be an infuse customer as long as infuse keeps me happy, but I do keep an eye on all apps in case a better comes along.

I would love Infuse on Google TV (which I use with my bedroom monitor) for Anime, TV Shows which I don’t want to watch on TV. Please make it happen guys! I STILL can’t find a replacement for Infuse on Google TV. Infuse is just so good!

I don’t give a flip about Android but I’d love a Windows version!

1 Like

I agree. But the fact that infuse is only on the Apple platform is a kind of exclusive and a reason to buy an Apple TV 4K :slight_smile:

Those that can’t pay will never pay. Those here - majority will pay and the Android community is very big, so there is no question about ROI.

I have 7.1.4 and I want Atmos with Infuse. There are many like me that will be willing to pay to have it on Shield.

Saying Atmos is worse indicating you’re not having a proper Atmos system installed.

I don’t think you really understand home theatre systems and how lossless codecs work. Bitstreamed TrueHD with atmos is substantially better than regular TrueHD especially with a real 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 atmos system (a real one not an over priced junk soundbar atmos system). The shield allows me to play bitstreamed atmos audio the atv does not.

Right now all of my movies are played through my shield through plex. The only thing I use the atv for is streaming apps (they’re better on tvos) and the occasional tv series in infuse.