Custom tags - fetching rules - how does it work?

Hi! I’ve read the wiki and a few posts (#1, [#2]44803) before asking this question: How do custom tags fetching rules work? I’ve tried many times to deal with them, but I’ve failed unfortunately.

In the settings, I’ve enabled to group by collections. I’m using TinyMediaManager to organise and rename my movies and series. For instance, I have these two directories:
Movie A (2004) {edition-2.35}
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-HRA.mkv
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-HRA.nfo
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-HRA-banner.jpg
Movie A (2004) {edition-1.78}
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-MA.mkv
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-MA.nfo
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-MA-banner.jpg

In the nfo, I’ve also tried to add the custom tags in the ‘title’ tag:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
<title>Movie A (2004) {edition-2.35}</title>
 <originaltitle>Movie A</originaltitle>
  <sorttitle/>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
<title>Movie A (2004) {edition-1.78}</title>
 <originaltitle>Movie A</originaltitle>
  <sorttitle/>

It still doesn’t work. So I would like to understand what are the fetching rules for Infuse to avoid any “race condition” between several variables: $folder name > $title_name > $nfo_content > which tags?

Above data is just an example. I’ve tried with series as well and it didn’t work. Ie:
…/Serie A (1990) {edition-Bluray}/{root with season folders, pictures and nfo}
…/Serie A (1990) {edition-Uncut}/{root with season folders, pictures and nfo}

Thanks a lot!

For edition tags, you will want to add this to the actual video filename. It can be added to the parent folder as well.

EG

Movie A (2004) {edition-2.35}
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-HRA {edition-2.35}.mkv
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-HRA {edition-2.35}.nfo
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-HRA {edition-2.35}-fanart.jpg
Movie A (2004) {edition-1.78}
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-MA {edition-1.78}.mkv
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-MA {edition-1.78}.nfo
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-MA {edition-1.78}-fanart.jpg

Or, you can keep everything in a single folder.

Movie A (2004)
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-HRA {edition-2.35}.mkv
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-HRA {edition-2.35}.nfo
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-HRA {edition-2.35}-fanart.jpg
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-MA {edition-1.78}.mkv
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-MA {edition-1.78}.nfo
----Movie A (2004) 1080p DTSHD-MA {edition-1.78}-fanart.jpg

Also, adding the edition tag to the title field of an NFO file would not affect the tags displayed, but would affect the title displayed in Infuse - which could affect search results, if that is something you are looking for.

Notes:

If an NFO file is added or changed after info for that file has been cached, you can use the Edit Metadata option to refresh the details.

Tags are only available for movies at this time.

@james Thanks for your replay and your time. Unfortunately it doesn’t work for me, neither in different folders, nor in a single folder.

In different folders, it just displays two “folders” where poster images are not fetch anymore (after the rename of every files). In same folder, it display a new sub-folder with what I’ve just described above. I’ve added a picture named “folder” to fetch the proper image. But custom tags still don’t work.

Whoops! For images, you’ll want to place the image type (EG -fanart) after the tag. I’ve revised my post above to show this.

A list of how to name the various image types can be found here.

Thanks, it worked for the images, but not for the custom tags :confused:

Are you browsing via the library or direct via folders?

Smart Groups and tags are only available in the library.

I don’t know ^^ I’ve set up favorites to my NAS; ie :“movies”, “series”, “children”… I click on these favorites then posters are displayed. That’s the only way I know to access my content, except the index page.

Summary

edit: this content is wrong - my bad
With the way I’m using it, there’s a movie that actually has been automatically displayed as a group. It was not intended, the group name is the name “1080p”; I guess it used the file name since the audio is not the same. But the group layout/feature exists

Should I conclude that “Customs tags” and “Smart groups” are two different features that share a common layout, but “custom tags” have not yet been implemented in “folders”; and in search resultats as well?

---- EDIT ----
I was wrong. I must have clicked on the movie when it was on the index page.
Regarding the search, with that movie it’s working (the one with smart groups automatically performed). With the movie of the first message and custom tags, it doesn’t.

So I will wait for an update :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks for your time and keep the good work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.