Custom Cover Art on iOS

Is there a way to get cover art to show up for folders that contain multiple files (i.e. multiple movie files together in a folder, multiple episodes from a series in a single folder) on iOS?  It works fine by adding "folder.jpg" to a folder for Applet TV, but not for iOS...

I would like to see this added. I use a GoFlex Sattelite, and it would be much faster if I can just use the metadata from my librabry instead of having to wait for it to fetch.

To be clear, metadata for folders is *never* retrieved.  On ATV, Infuse relies on the existence of a folder.jpg image in the folder to represent "cover" art instead of a folder icon.  My point is, this is unsupported on iOS (AFAICT).

So - can we get this functionality from Infuse on ATV onto iOS?

+1 for this I would really like this feature

Working to add this for the next version. :)

Congrats on Infuse 3,

Few issues on the cover art front again though,

• Manual artwork for folders (use folder.jpg or folder.png)
  • Use your own folder artwork (folder.png or folder.jpg)

Don’t seem to be working as expected

I have on my NAS a Films/Movies
e.g.

A folder called Holidays with a holiday.jpg

Holidays > 2013 Jamaica Holiday.avi
> 2014 Cape Verdi.avi

The holiday.jpg i have created doesn’t seem to apply to the folder

Basically i just want my custom cover art folder.jpg which i have placed inside folders to take priority, no matter what the files and file names are called in that folder

Available in Infuse 3. :slight_smile:

It doest work though James, Ive updated to Infuse 3 and paid the extra to upgrade to infuse 3 pro, i think there might be a bug

See the message before hand

Congrats on Infuse 3,

Few issues on the cover art front again though,

• Manual artwork for folders (use folder.jpg or folder.png)
  • Use your own folder artwork (folder.png or folder.jpg)

Don’t seem to be working as expected

I have on my NAS a Films/Movies
e.g.

A folder called Holidays with a holiday.jpg

Holidays > 2013 Jamaica Holiday.avi

2014 Cape Verdi.avi

The holiday.jpg i have created doesn’t seem to apply to the folder

Ah, ok.

So in your case you’ll just want to change ‘holiday.jpg’ to ‘folder.jpg’.

No James that was just the example i was using,
the folder name and the jpg name are exactly the same name
it doesn’t work

Right…that is actually the issue…

IE

I have a folder named ‘Kids’. Instead of using an image named ‘kids.jpg’ I would want to add one named ‘folder.jpg’ and place that inside the Kids folder.

I get what you mean now, i just assumed it would be the folder name, i.e. Holidays.jpg
Will this mess my ATV2 cover art up though or will i have to keep two .jpgs in the folders

a Holiday.jpg for ATV2
and a folder.jpg for Infuse

or will the ATV2 pick up the folder.jpg and use that as the cover art?

Rob

Yep, sorry for the confusion.

The ATV2 should pick up folder.jpg just fine.

Really like this feature. Had a few random folders of things like football matches, so nice to be able to label them nicely.

So, before I upgrade to Infuse 3 Pro, can someone confirm the original ask in this tread has been addressed? A folder.jpg image placed in a folder with multiple media files does then show up as the icon representing the folder - just like on the ATV Infuse?

Thanks for the clarification…

I too seem to be having issues with this. I am going to do a test and post back to confirm there is an issue.

Sorry to hijack this thread but I had a similar issue with the new version which I have now sorted by adding the folder.jpg files in the root of the relevant folders. The only issue I now have is that the series I have added the folder.jpg files to are not sorted alphabetically with the rest of my TV series, they are at the beginning of the list.

How to correct this?

So, can you confirm that in Infuse 3 you can now observe folder.jpg images as the icon for a folder with multiple media files?

Confirmed.