Creepy Sound

I have some trouble with a couple of mkv files. When the intro beginns the Sound get very creepy. Don’t know how to describe it. In xbmc it is Fine.
Send you guys also a Bug Report.

I have the same problem. Majority of my mkv files are having sound issues. It is slowed down to a crawl and yeah you could call it creepy. I have played with a lot of settings but to no avail. Please help.

Hmm - if you can run one of the files through MediaInfo or send us an actual sample of the file we can try and track down what’s going on.

Ok, submitted a bug report with a Media Information file. Cheers!

Same here. It was ok with RC1, but there was another update very recently (not listed on the release history) and I think that’s the one that broke things for mkvs…

We’ve replicated the issue here with a few different files sent in by our awesome users - we’ll see what we can do to track down what’s going on.

Hi James

I see that some have said that the “creepy sound” is fixed under 1.0. I dont think so. If I disable the DD and DTS and play movies on 2.0 via HDMI all is ok. If I enable DD and DTS, then I get that funny sound on TV. The reciever decodes the DD and DTS and works fine. At present, I turn the Volume down the TV, to listen ok through the reciever (DD and DTS). This occure with *.ISO dvd’s, MKV and avi (in DivX/Xvid formats).

cheer Peter

This is still happening. We are almost there to have a great Media Player.

Take a look at this post too: "No audio with Dolby 5.1 and DTS in Media Player "

The ‘creepy’ sound described above (and resolved in 1.0) is best described as normal video playback but with extremely slowed audio. This was a result of files that have non-standard audio tracks (5.0, 4.0, 3.0, 2.1) that were played with AC3 and DTS options disabled (down mixed to 2ch stereo).

For those seeing no sound, or static sound please open a support ticket or post in the thread at the link below. We’re working quite hard to track down what’s going on, but as of yet have not been able to reproduce the issue on our end.