Create the option to replace the white title in the lower left corner with the logo

Adding logos is something that I personally liked a lot and had wanted for a long time, but it would be even more perfect if we could have an option in settings to replace the title in normal white letters with the logo, as it is a bit redundant to have both and that little change would make Infuse have an even more appealing and modern look.

Or, at least, have the Apple TV app look like the Mac app, in which the logo is neatly arranged in the lower left corner and the title in white letters is a bit more hidden in the synopsis area. Like this:

Thanks!

15 Likes

This would be great! Have the white text only displayed if there’s no logo available.

3 Likes

Exactly. I love having the logo but it’s just a bit strange to have the logo in the top corner and also the white text in the bottom. Or, like I said, at least have the Apple TV app look like the Mac app. The Mac app looks a lot more cleaner with the logo in the bottom.

I agree. Was happy to see I could turn logos off for movies (where this is an issue) but leave it on for TV series (where it isn’t, since the episode title is displayed instead), so I could avoid this grating at my nerves. .

I believe I read the reason Firecore chose to keep the title visible for movies (in the white font) with logos displayed is that some movies have logos that are purely graphical (non-textual) or stylized in a way that was hard for some to read.

1 Like

You can always have the option to show both (white text and logo) or just the logo.

Please do NOT replace the white name with the logo. While the logos look great on the fanart there are many logos that are so stylized that they are very difficult to read.

Leaving the video name in it’s readable format is very important for those with less than “eagle eye” vision.

Like I said, if the logo is a problem to certain people, just create the option to leave the white text or not. The user can choose. Or just make the Apple TV app look like the Mac app, where the logo and white title are still both there but in a more pleasant way.

I’d like the option to replace the text with the logo, but not at the expense of forcing others to lose the option to display both. I’m happy and thankful we got the option to show/not show logos individually for TV shows and/or Movies out of the box with the update.

This is another place where that “Expert” settings toggle would come in handy. Under the “Show Logos” setting option, you could have a “Replace TV Title Text” On/Off option that appears only if you have the “Expert” toggle ON and “Show Logos” is set to either ON or “TV Shows Only”. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know whether it is difficult from a programming point of view - but from a UI perspective it would be quite simple to implement I should think. In the normal Settings menu, have:

TV Show Titles/Logos

• Text Only
  • Logo Only
  • Both

Movie Titles/Logos

• Text Only
  • Logo Only
  • Both

No need for an expert settings menu for this one.

I’m not sure how other people navigate the app - but by the time I’m on the details screen (where the logo would replace the right text) I’ve already selected what I’m planning to watch via the Poster with the name written underneath. I can’t see a situation where I would need to read the title on the details screen to know what movie or show I’m in?

3 Likes

Probably would be. But my feeling is Firecore is trying very hard to maintain low complexity in both Infuse’s UI and Settings options.

What you (or I) suggest “only” adds one more settings toggle — but it DOUBLES the number of visible settings toggles for that feature. Replicate this across all features we power-users want control over, and your settings page can quickly grow by dozens of new items.

I’m not expecting there are enough users who care about this enhancement to justify Infuse cluttering the settings page for its ‘Everyday’, don’t-make-me-have-to-decide users.

But I’ve come to the conclusion there are enough requested tweaks by power-users to justify just one extra “Expert” toggle in the default “Simple” settings menu, were there the will at Firecore to give us noisy users their way. :wink:

What gives you that impression?

The Settings menu already has a LOT of options… they’re all clearly defined, easy to understand, and serve a purpose. Scrolling past options that aren’t important to you isn’t a hardship.

I don’t know, ‘expert mode’ seems to me like a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.

I’m wouldn’t call myself a ‘power-user’… I’d just like the layout to look a little bit nicer with regards to the logo and media title. As it turns out, some people would rather keep the clutter - so I think there’s a straightforward way that we could both be happy :slight_smile:

If it´s not simple to implement, how about making the Apple TV app to look like the Mac App?
This is from the Apple TV App:

And this is from the Mac app:

The Mac app looks cleaner and more visually pleasing.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree, but their are inherent differences between the 10-foot, remote control powered UI and a desktop UI that require consideration. The number and size of the interface buttons and minimum text-size constraints, for example.

The size of the title font, if moved to the right of the buttons, will probably be too small to stand out as distinctly as it does in the Mac version (especially for the folks who already have difficulty making out the more stylized logos).

I don´t mean changing the interface buttons, just put the white title smaller with the synopsis and put the logo in the lower left corner, like the Mac app. Just that.

That’s what I mean. If you make the title font smaller, people won’t be able to easily read it.

You’ll also have to reduce the size of all the other fonts (details, synopsis) to maintain the relative scaling of font-size between the various sections (header/sub-header/body), and then the smallest text will absolutely be too small to be legible.

Or, you move the title to the right, but don’t make it smaller, and you have logo text next right next to title text. Still ugly; and I think probably worse.

Or you move the title text right, and down — to where the details currently are displayed. That pushes the details down, and that pushes the synopsis down … right off the screen.

Don’t think it’s workable.

I like the setup on the Mac … but look at both images you posted at the same size; and note how much tinier the buttons and text are on the Mac. It works on a computer monitor you are sitting two feet away from, but you can’t get away with such dense formatting on a TV across the room.

I understand what you mean, that’s why I think the best thing is to have the option to choose between having the logo or the white letters. There´s already the possibility to choose between so many things in the settings, is it really that difficult to create one more option?
And I understand those who prefer white text over the logo so they can read the title better, but is it really that hard to read a logo? Movie posters, streaming services like Disney+, Netflix, HBO Max etc, they all use a logo instead of plain white letters and no one seems to have a problem reading the logo.

1 Like

I agree. But I also see why doing so will lead to excessive cluttering of the settings page (if they make this exception, theyI’ll have to keep making more) just to satisfy some of us.

Currently we have the option to show or not show the logos. Which means, we can accept their implementation of the new feature, or reject it and stay as we were. I’m grateful for that. I’m really glad I’m not forced to accept a subjectively ugly, undesired Increase in clutter.

Or, make the new “Show Logos” settings option pop-up really wordy with two new additions :crazy_face::

On
On, and Replace Movie Title Text
Movies Only
Movies Only, and Replace Movie Title Text
TV Only
Off

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be forced on everyone. Literally all that needs to be done is make it optional. A simple checkbox “Replace Movie Title with Logo”… and everybody will be happy. The only time problems arise is when a new feature is introduced and NOT made optional. You can’t please everyone, that’s for sure.

Edit:
Sidenote
I feel like the logo being at the top left feels a bit unnatural and makes the whole artwork look like the text-based art that some people despise.
Not sure why @james deviated abit from the original suggestion

All streaming services thta i checked have the text replaced by the logo

Peacock

Hulu

Netflix

Apple TV

INFUSE :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I feel that’s a bit unnatural too. Don’t get me wrong, I really love having the logo it’s just feels odd and a bit redundant to have the logo and the white letters. And, as you mentioned, all streaming services and movie posters have a logo and not white text so I don’t see how having just the logo is a problem.
And that last image you posted of how infuse could look like… Just look how beautiful, modern and clean it looks with just the logo at the bottom!

2 Likes

Agreed. I think for those who likes logos (including myself here) would prefer to replace it by the white title instead of putting it far away from the rest of the information.

3 Likes