Create playlists in a text editor to put on my video server

I have a large capacity server on my LAN and use that for all the video files I play with Infuse on AppleTV systems, iPads, and iPhones.

Is there a way I can create a playlist in a text editor or just in text format for Infuse to use to play files on my server? I don’t need it to work from outside the LAN and all the files being played will be in my library.

The reason I’m asking about this is because I’m thinking of writing a script or two that would auto-generate some playlists Id keep on my server. For example, during Christmas season, it might include the Christmas episodes of TV shows. Or I might want to make up a list of all cop shows on my server for it to shuffle play through them. The playlists would change around enough many would be used for a few weeks, then trashed.

If this is possible, I’m also wondering if Infuse could go through playlists stored in a folder and play through each one, then move on to the next one.

I figure another way I can do this is to create a folder on my server, then, instead of putting the list of files in a playlist, just creating file links from the folder to the video files, then play the files in the folder. I can see reasons to go with both methods - assuming I can create text format playlists.

4 Likes

Not currently that I know of but I moved your post to the suggestions forum. That’s sounds like a interesting feature.

2 Likes