I have a number of videos that I wish to collect and present as a TV show.
There are numerous postings on this topic and no complete source of information.
The use of *.nfo files and *.xml files has been recommend or questioned.
Some examples has been provided but not something complete
I found that I can control almost everything. What I can’t figure out is how to set the name of “Series” from local data.
I use “Online meta data”
-However this is not intuitive since I wish to provide all data locally
This is my folder structure:
TV show :: The top folder of my collection
TV show \ fanart.jpg :: image that is use as background
TV show \ folder.jpg :: Image used in library
TV show \ season 1-poster.jpg :: Image used in library for the first season
TV show \ season 2-poster.jpg :: Image used in library for the second season
TV show \ tvshow.nfo :: Details of the TV show, It seems like this information is not used when using “Online Meta Data”, is there a corresponding XML-file to use?
TV show \ Season 1 :: Folder for the first season
TV show \ Season 1 \ Show name S01E01 Episode name.jpg :: image to use in episode page, here iOS need a portrait image and tvOS need both a landscape and portrait image, how can I accomplish this?
TV show \ Season 1 \ Show name S01E01 Episode name.mp4 :: the video
TV show \ Season 1 \ Show name S01E01 Episode name.xml :: Metadata for the the video, to override what ever is fetched Online. Here I can’t set the name of the “Series” showing in the episode page
TV show \ Season 1 \ Show name S01E02 Episode name.jpg :: same as above
TV show \ Season 1 \ Show name S01E02 Episode name.mp4 ::same as above
TV show \ Season 1 \ Show name S01E02 Episode name.xml :: same as above
TV show \ Season 2 :: Folder for the second season
TV show \ Season 2 \ Show name S02E01 Episode name.jpg :: same as above
TV show \ Season 2 \ Show name S02E01 Episode name.mp4 ::same as above
TV show \ Season 2 \ Show name S02E01 Episode name.xml :: same as above
Have anyone figured out how to change the name of the “Series” using the XML-file?
-There is a tag < seriesname > but that seem to have no effect.
Have anyone an example of an XML-file corresponding to the tvshow.nfo file?
I noticed some difference between iOS and tvOS:
- For iOS I noticed that the images for each episode are not working stable, sometimes the correct image is shown, sometimes an image for another episode is showing…
- For tvOS the Producers are not included.
For the Infuse team I would really like to see some more intuitive handling of local data.
I should not need to use “Online Meta Data” when I wish to use my own local meta data.
When using “Local Meta Data” the grouping is of my seasons doesn’t work, I can’t see a logic for this malfunction. I hope you can fix this soon.
See the attached examples, the files don’t actually end on .txt, I had to add that to be able to upload…
show_name_s01e01_episode_name.xml_.txt (558 Bytes)
tvshow.nfo__0.txt (286 Bytes)