Create a custom shortcut

Once a network (NAS) share has been created, it seems to force the user to browse from the root of the share.

Is it possible to create a link from the "home" screen that would go to a specific directory within the share?  Or to configure a share to only expose a particular directory?

Thanks, and great work!

[quote="threeeyedtoad"]

Once a network (NAS) share has been created, it seems to force the user to browse from the root of the share.

Is it possible to create a link from the "home" screen that would go to a specific directory within the share?  Or to configure a share to only expose a particular directory?

Thanks, and great work!

[/quote]

When you are setting up a share entry, you can include directory information at the end.  For instance I have a entry with a display name of  FILMS that is set as path-to-share/FILMS, and another called TV set up with path-to-share/TV.

[quote="itimpi"]

When you are setting up a share entry, you can include directory information at the end.  For instance I have a entry with a display name of  FILMS that is set as path-to-share/FILMS, and another called TV set up with path-to-share/TV.

[/quote]

Thanks, itimpi. Where should the path value get set? I tried it just after the name like this:

Sharename /path/to/files

but this didn't work.

The address field seems to be not editable.

TIA!

[quote="threeeyedtoad"]

[quote=itimpi]

[/quote]

Thanks, itimpi. Where should the path value get set? I tried it just after the name like this:

Sharename /path/to/files

but this didn't work.

The address field seems to be not editable.

TIA!

[/quote]

You will actually need to select the 'Other...' option to setup a share manually. Then you can enter the address with the folder path of your choice.

Also, we're working on a dedicated option for setting up favorites for an upcoming version. :)

I tried to manual input saved servers but it error'd out (iMac.local/Volumes/HDD/Movies seems exact but doesn't work for me)

+1 to the option of assign favourites though.