Mines set to 720P as auto detected but the TV it’s on is 720P
I always exit to menu after a video. The freezing/restarting happens when in nitoTV menus just looking about or when I’m in other bits of the AppleTV menus. I haven’t had ATV on for a couple of days now and had no crashes so wondering what’s the problem
I’ve emailed support who have answered any issue on cover art but have said nothing about the restarts. I’ve sent another email about restarts[/quote]
I’ll do you one better: I have owned aTV Flash for two, count 'em, two hours now, and it is freezing up just as you described. Here is what has happened to me:
- AppleTV is off. I power it on.
- The boot up apple logo displays.
- After some time, the logo blinks out, then the menu appears as expected.
- I am excited–there are all of the extra menu items at the bottom–the wonderful new features installed by aTV Flash just waiting for me to dig into.
- I use my apple remote and begin scrolling downward.
- I might be able to go down 2, 3, 4, or more items, and BOOM! the whole thing is frozen! Pushing select button makes the appropriate audio tone, but nothing changes. Pressing the menu button makes its associated tone, but once again nothing changes. Scroll left, scroll right–nothing changes. I will exclaim a very loud scream at this point. I then decide to give it time. I wait. 5 minutes: still frozen. 10 minutes: still frozen. 30 minutes: STILL FROZEN.
- A very loud scream erupts here. “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”
- I unplug the power to the apple tv. I wait 2-3 minutes. I power it back on, and then—REPEAT STEPS 1 - 7 ABOVE!!!
15 day warranty, you say? I have already gotten a really bad, blood-cold-as-ice, case of buyer’s remorse in a mere 15 minutes!
OK, all emotion aside, let me elaborate. I installed aTV flash according to the directions and the video tutorial (which was very helpful, btw). I then ran the smart update. All is well. Then I updated boxee and the other apps that the instructions told me to do. It was only after I did all of this to the letter, and rebooted, i.e. the point when I would actually get a payoff for my labors, that this MAJOR problem has occurred. Seriously, I am right at the point where I can actually check out the new functionality that aTV enables, but am unable to do so because the bloody thing locks on the menu!!
My apple TV has had zero problems before tonight.
I bought aTV flash after extensive reading of these forums, discussions on Google, reviews on Mac web sites, etc. and was very enthusiastic about getting this product. Not only did the $50 not scare me off, but I paid the additional fee for the two years’ of updates. I think this company is wonderful, I think their product is fantastic (from reading about it, and not firsthand experience, obviously), I very much like the quick and helpful replies from guardianmax, I want to be the company’s biggest fan, in short, I want this to work very badly. But it simply does not. WTF is wrong?
PLEASE help, if anyone is able. Thanks very much.