after upgrading to infuse 5 I am having issues showing the cover art for episodes of any tv shows. I am getting the files via SMB from an NAS and it has worked with infuse 4 before. The episodes are detected correctly and I am seeing the abstract from thetvdb but not the accompanied images (like in infuse 4). I have checked the Metadata 101 and related articles, but unfortunately these did not gave me a clue what might be wrong here. Any ideas what I might doing wrong?
Do you have the ‘Embedded Metadata’ option in Settings > General enabled by chance?
If so, Infuse will use the artwork embedded inside your videos instead of pulling it down from TheTVDb.
Unfortunately not, this is disabled
It is also independent of file mode or library mode if this matters. Thetvdb has of course cover art available, I had to add a few for some missing episodes as I noticed
I am asking as my kid cannot read very well yet and relies on the cover art to decide what to watch.
Ok, if you added artwork to TheTVDb it can take a day or two for things to update and that artwork to become available to apps like Infuse.
I’d give it a little bit of time and try again to see if it starts working. You can refresh metadata for a particular video by using the ‘Edit’ option and selecting the appropriate title.
I have added art for only for a handful of episodes, the others were already there. As mentioned, for the very same tree structure on the NAS infuse 4 pulls properly the covers already. I will see if I can install a squid proxy here to see what infuse is actually trying to retrieve
Can you provide a few example series names you are having trouble with?
Also, what language is your Apple TV set to? Is the Metadata language option in Infuse > Settings set to Auto?
This is about infuse on iPad, sorry, forgot to mention. Not sure if this makes a difference. Language is set to Auto, but there is no difference if I manually set it to German.
Here are examples of shows where no covers are being pulled:
https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=260449&seasonid=605819&lid=14 (No, my kid does not watch this
On the NAS it looks like “Wir Kinder aus dem Möwenweg -> Wir.Kinder.aus.dem.Möwenweg.S01E01.Wir.ziehen.ein.mp4” respective “Vikings -> Season 3 -> Vikings.S03E01.mp4”.
When I delete the apps from the iPad, reinstall them and reconfigure them to access the NAS I can see in squids log these entries from infuse4:
1515008576.624 85 myip TCP_MISS/200 991 GET http://thetvdb.com/api/4ED273870707E9E2/languages.xml - HIER_DIRECT/22.214.171.124 text/xml 1515008577.014 370 myip TCP_MISS/200 1057 GET http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Wir%20Kinder%20aus%20dem%20M%C3%B6wenweg&language=de - HIER_DIRECT/126.96.36.199 text/xml 1515008577.444 385 myip TCP_MISS/200 14049 GET http://thetvdb.com/api/4ED273870707E9E2/series/301739/all/de.xml - HIER_DIRECT/188.8.131.52 text/xml 1515008577.701 0 myip TCP_MEM_HIT/200 997 GET http://thetvdb.com/api/4ED273870707E9E2/languages.xml - HIER_NONE/- text/xml 1515008577.713 0 myip TCP_MEM_HIT/200 1063 GET http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Wir%20Kinder%20aus%20dem%20M%C3%B6wenweg&language=d e - HIER_NONE/- text/xml 1515008577.724 1 myip TCP_MEM_HIT/200 14054 GET http://thetvdb.com/api/4ED273870707E9E2/series/301739/all/de.xml - HIER_NONE/- text/xml 1515008579.433 33 myip TCP_MISS/301 395 GET http://thetvdb.com/banners/posters/301739-1.jpg - HIER_DIRECT/184.108.40.206 - 1515008580.127 30 myip TCP_MISS/301 403 GET http://thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/301739-1.jpg - HIER_DIRECT/220.127.116.11 - 1515008580.716 32 myip TCP_MISS/301 402 GET http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/301739/5365076.jpg - HIER_DIRECT/18.104.22.168 - 1515008581.595 359 myip TCP_MISS/200 925 GET http://thetvdb.com/api/4ED273870707E9E2/series/301739/banners.xml - HIER_DIRECT/22.214.171.124 text/xml 1515008581.709 32 myip TCP_MISS/301 395 GET http://thetvdb.com/banners/seasons/301739-1.jpg - HIER_DIRECT/126.96.36.199 - 1515008582.157 29 myip TCP_MISS/301 402 GET http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/301739/6273488.jpg - HIER_DIRECT/188.8.131.52 - 1515008582.542 31 myip TCP_MISS/301 402 GET http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/301739/5389104.jpg - HIER_DIRECT/184.108.40.206 - ... ...
With infuse5 I see no connection attempt to thetvdb at all (only to trakt.tv, which isn’t configured from my end as I do not have an account), although it correctly detects the episode names and synopsis.