Couple more Jellyfin + Infuse bugs

Hey there again!

1 - If the user on the Jellyfin box does not have “can manage this server” checked (aka – admin) infuse will have incorrect episode counts for the TV shows. I see a loss of about 1200 of them, flip admin back on, clear metadata and scan, and they’re all back. Looking at the Jellyfin logs, it seems that Infuse wants the virtual folders endpoint, which you can’t access without admin rights.

2 - The infuse-sync plugin for Jellyfin. For some reason Infuse continually tries to install that on my box. The problem being when that plugin is installed, Infuse doesn’t actually see any new content or updates! Not sure if it’s my setup, as it’s behind a reverse proxy, but I tried it directly and noticed the same behavior. Removing the plugin allows Infuse to correctly see the new content, at least until the plugin magically reinstalls itself. Which is what prompted the removal of admin for bug 1 :laughing:

Thanks!

  • Brandon

We have a number of improvements in this area coming soon in the 6.4.7 update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sweet! Once that drops I’ll report back.

Thanks James!

Hey James,

So it seems my issues with infuse-sync on the Jellyfin box continue. If it’s installed, it does not see any new tv shows/movies/etc. As soon as I remove it and restart the jellyfin box, it resumes seeing the new media. This is on 6.4.7 with infuse-sync 1.2.0

Brandon

Please give today’s 6.4.8 update and Jellyfin 10.6.2 a try to see if you notice any improvement.

Hey James,

Alright, I have both updated. Will let you know what happens when I can test things :+1:

Brandon

1 Like

Hey James,

Same behavior with 6.4.8 and 10.6.2. It seems some categories do update, but the big category I have (~9k episodes out of 10469 total) does not. I don’t see anything particularly interesting in the logs, is there somewhere that InfuseSync logs things for just itself?

Brandon

Please give today’s 6.4.9 update (install InfuseSync 1.2.1. as well).

If the issue is still present, please send in a report from Infuse (Settings > Submit Diagnostics) and post the 5 digit code here. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey James,

Same deal with everything updated. Code is: 464SN.

Do I need to send an email to hello@firecore still?

Brandon

Thanks. We’re looking into this.

No email necessary. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any news on the matter? :slight_smile:

Hey @james thought I’d give you a heads up that this issue is still occurring on Infuse 6.5/InfuseSync 1.2.1.0/Jellyfin 10.6.4.

New debug code: VWE0P

According to the log, Infuse skips the TV Shows library as if it was excluded from indexing, and when the indexing finishes the library is not listed at all, which is kinda weird. This might potentially cause missing episodes in the counter.

  1. Check if the library is selected in Infuse > Settings > Library
  2. If not selected, then select it
  3. If it is selected
    a. Try to deselect it
    b. Run a library update
    c. Re-select it
    d. Run a library scan one more time

As for the missing updates via the plugin, the instructions above might address this issue too. If it doesn’t help, it might be worth trying the following.

  1. Stop the server
  2. Delete the InfuseSync database (the infuse_sync.db can be found in the /data folder. Its path is the same as for the /metadata folder in Dashboard -> Paths.)