Correct file name for two part movies - e.g. The Lord of the Rings

Good evening Firecore community,
this is my first post I hope I did everything correct in terms of creating this topic.

I just wanted to ask if the following BDMV folder naming could be right to get both parts of the same movie as one playback in infuse after pressing play the play button in the Infuse Pro App, I’ve read multiple community entries about it but was still a bit confused about this topic that’s why I just wanted to ask you for help to get the correct answer for my specific use-case.

For example:
I got the BDMV Folder backup from the 4K Blu Ray Discs of The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers extended version disc 1 and disc 2
and wanted to ask if the following BDMV folder names are correct to properly work with this Infuse Pro feature to appear them as one full Movie after I hit the play button.

I would like to name the BDMV folders like this if that’s a good way:
The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers (2002) [UHD] (Part 1)
The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers (2002) [UHD] (Part 2)

or

The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers (2002) [UHD] (Disc 1)
The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers (2002) [UHD] (Disc 2)

I like both versions but not sure if both ones are correct in terms of " (Part 1) (Part 2) or (Disc 1) (Disc 2)"
If not could you give me the proper solution for my example above so I can work with that for future movies.

Many Thanks in advance!

You have 3 options and one is currently available. The first that is available is naming the file with the proper format for tags.

The second is to add your support to a currently running suggestion to have multiple parts of a movie show as one.

And finally, add your support to another suggestion to have multi episode shows appear as one.

I’d suggest adding your support to both and also trying the currently available tag solution to see which you prefer. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply I will add my support for for both of those topics :blush:
and the available tag solution for (Part 1) and (Part 2) or (Disc 1) and (Disc 2) should work or not?
I was confused if I need to put it in () or {} or leave it without and only write the tag words inside the folder name - Part 1 and so on.

Thats why I asked, if the following folder name is correct to be recognized from Infuse with the tags solution I used in my example () or do I need to rename something here :sweat_smile::

The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers (2002) [UHD] (Part 1)
The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers (2002) [UHD] (Part 2)

I don’t use BDMV folders so I can’t say for sure but I believe that just having the “partX” in the name should work. Note that I don’t think there is a space between “part” and the “x” it’s “part1” I think.

I joined the multipart files I had a while back so I didn’t need to use the new feature. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks I really appreciate your help I’ll try out your solution :blush:

1 Like