Continuous playback not working properly (playing out of order)

Hi there,

I’m a user of Infuse 5 but I’m having problems with continuous playback. First of all, I want to say that my folders are structured like “E:\TV Show\Community (2009)\Season 02” and my files like this:

Community S02E01 Anthropology 101 1080p WEB-DL DD5.1 H.264
Community S02E02 Accounting for Lawyers 1080p WEB-DL DD5.1 H.264
Community S02E03 The Psychology of Letting Go 1080p WEB-DL DD5.1 H.264
Community S02E04 Fundamentals of Flight 1080p WEB-DL DD5.1 H.264
Community S02E05 Messianic Myths and Ancient Peoples 1080p WEB-DL DD5.1 H.264
etc…

The metadata is collected by Emby and it’s 100% correct, the episodes on infuse list are in order and showing the right number in front of it.

The problem is that when I finish watch, for example, episode 5 from season 2, it jump back for episode 1, then episode 4, then episode 20, etc, it just don’t play in the right order. I tested it with other series and it doesn’t follow the right order.

Does anyone have any idea why is this happening?

Thanks!

When viewing a season, are the items sorted correctly in the lower shelf area? Are you browsing through the Library?

What is the ‘Sort Order’ option set to in Infuse > Settings?

Forget it, I discovered that I should use “filename” as sort order … I was using “title”, what made infuse play the episodes considering the alphabetical order.

Seizing the opportunity, if I enable “list view” in settings, when I access my “TV Show” I see the folders (for example, Community), inside them the season folders (season 01, season 02, season 03, etc) and inside them the episodes from that season, so season 01 episodes don’t mix up with season 02 episodes and season 03 episodes… Beside that, I can see the episode number in from of its name, like “02. Accounting for Lawyers”. But if I disable “list view” (which in my opinion is much better because I see the movies and TV Show posters), when I access a TV Show folder (for example, Community) I don’t see the “seasons” folder, but ALL episodes that I have from ANY SEASON, so I don’t even know from what season that episode is… Is there any way to change that?

If I haven’t been clear enough, please, let me know, so I can post some pictures to explain better.

Regards,

Ricardo

Okay, my continuous playback works fine, just wondering, why on ATV4, if it is playing the last episode of a season, why it doesn’t go to the next season? When I cast from my phone, it goes to the next season. Why not on ATV4?