Continue playback across seasons

There’s actually only one step to create a playlist for this

This will place a playlist in your Library.

The rest is explanation and how to get it on the home page which is nessasary for any playlist to be placed on the home page. The rest is details for others who may not understand the way Infuse works.

No problem, and again thank you for the help. It’s a workaround, but not the desired method. I don’t use Library for a number of reasons, flaws, and frustrations, so it’s a none starter for me.

1 Like

I have to agree with @yatesfox . I tried the thing with the playlists, but there are to many steps for it. It’s not only to create one playlist, you also have to add all seasons afterwards.
Autoplay the next season should just work, without any configuration.

1 Like

@strwht The worst part is, and I find this with a few things Infuse related, is that only the two of us are talking about this specific issue. So it would appear that it’s a very niche and minor issue. However, I am confident it would impact a lot of users. But they may never query or post about it. So this will just get swept away. It’s the same thing with the ‘like’ system on Suggestions, great suggestions that would impact many, many users get lost due to not enough user base probably caring enough to trawl through it and like them, so they drift away. But some of these minor tweaks and changes would be hugely appreciate by most, if not all, users. But hey ho. It is what it is. We’re not in abundance of great Apps like like on AppleTV, so you just have to keep paying your money to subscribe and lump it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, right? I mean, this should just be possible.
This suggestion only got 17 likes, so I think we just have to live with it… :confused:

I’ve created another post regarding this suggestions:

Maybe you can like this post as well.

1 Like

@james
I am kind of disappointed, that this “feature” (in my opinion this is not a feature, it should be standard) is still not available in V7…
Every time when I finish a season, I have to go back, open my library, search my show, search the next season, play first episode…

1 Like

@james , any news on this (simple) “feature”?
This really impacts my daily use of this app…
And we didn’t heard from you since 2018, I mean, come on…

I have a suggestion for Infuse to make a bit more user friendly when watching TV Shows.

When watching episodes in a TV show, if I finish an episode the next episode is waiting at the top of the Home Screen. Even on following days after its been turned off etc.

But if I finished a season it doesn’t recognise the next episode should come from the next season.

It would be nice if when finishing a season finale the first episode of the next season is automatically added as the next episode to be played.

Is this something that could be added in please?

Thanks

Mike

1 Like

I don’t understand, why this is seemingly impossible…
For me it’s just a normal “feature”, that should just work…

When we have 1 season open. Below cast and crew I guess we should have option to choose next season so once we are finished watching one we can choose next from below instead going through all folders to choose the specific season.

1 Like

I use the “Watching” list on top of the Infuse Home screen all the time (tvOS). One thing I find very tedious is that Continuous Playback will not work across seasons, as opposed to when playing from the Library. This means that when I watch the last episode of a season from the “Watching” list, I have to remember what season I watched and then go into the Library to start the next season.

All streaming apps I can think of have continuous play across seasons from their “continue watching” list. Hope to see this seamless feature in Infuse.

Grats on 7.4! The improved TV series details page with all seasons inside is so useful and more “normal”. And the fixed “Recently added TV shows” list is a blessing. A great release! :star_struck:

3 Likes

This is queued up for an upcoming 7.4.x release. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

james, you make me so happy! :smiley: Thanks!

1 Like

This is now available in today’s 7.4.2 update. :smiley:

With Continuous Playback enabled, Infuse will automatically start the next season when you finish the last episode of the current season.

3 Likes

This is awesome

1 Like

Hi @james ,

since I have been waiting for this for a very long time, I tried it out immediately.
From my “Currently Watching” list I played the last episode of a tv show. When this show ended, the playback just stopped. I’ve checked the settings, but all related settings are enabled.
Is there anything to consider?

You can follow this topic regarding Up Next.

1 Like

What does it mean?
In which case does the next season automatically play, when not from the one I currently watch?
I don’t really understand.

It works when starting playback from any other section, except up next. :slight_smile: