Connecting USB drive to Airport Extreme

Hey everyone.  I have a jailbroken aTV 2.  -  5.3(6105) firmware.  I use an airport extreme as my router - 7.6.4 firmware according to my airport utility.

I want to know if I can plugin my external USB drive to my airport extreme and use that as a NAS drive and store all my movies on it and use aTV Flash to play them.

If the answer is "yes" are you positive I can do such a task with my current firmware?

Also if the answer is "yes" do you have a tutorial on how to do it and what settings I need to change to make this possible.

Cheers.

Ok it seems like the answer is yes.  BUT

I added my drive as a share library.  The only way I was able to connect to it was to edit the airport extreme disc settings and create a "user" so I could input a user name and password. 

The problem is that it shows ZERO files in my drive once I connect to it.

Finally found the solution

The airport extreme disks section should be selected as "secure shared disks  with disk password"

When adding it as a drive use "guest" as the user name and then the password that you gave it via airport utlity.

Voila!

Now it seems to be hanging up on "fetching content" I am guessing thats because I have around 1TB of movies?

Hi,

Did You manage to get that working?? I have ASUS RT-AC56U router with USB 3.0 hard drive attached to it and a problem I have is that some movies (HD over 10GB) are shuttering while playing them from a hard drive what drives me crazy... Now I'm considering swaping that for Airport Extreme with 2TB hard drive build into it and I'm thinking if that would solve a problem - any ideas??

Regards,

Matt

The airport extreme disks section should be selected as “secure shared disks with disk password”

I have ASUS RT-AC56U switch with USB 3.0 hard drive joined to it and an issue I have is that a few films (HD more than 10GB) are covering while playing them from a hard make what makes me insane… Presently I’m considering swaping that for Airport Extreme with 2TB hard drive incorporate with it and I’m supposing if that would take care of an issue - any thoughts?