I installed aTVFlash on the Black AppleTV a few hours ago and so far I’m underwhelmed.
- The intro on the Firecore website says all the original AppleTV remain but that's not true. TV Shows is now empty.
- I installed Nito TV and changed Weather to show Melbourne Australia but since changing it, any attempt to use Weather reboots the AppleTV. In reality I don't care that much about using the AppleTV for weather or RSS feeds, so I uninstalled Nito TV
- When browsing my Mac under Files, I tried to play music but the iTunes folders are empty
- The out-of-the-box AppleTV streams video beautifully over WiFi but media streamed over WiFi using new features is jerky and frequently gives an out of memory error.
- I just don't get the XBMC and as for Internet access using Couch Potato? How do you navigate?
I’m happy to learn, but so far I seem to have lost more than I gained. If the items I mentioned are bugs then perhaps the beta lable is appropriate. If others are not experiencing these issues, then what’s causing my installation to let the side down? Feel free to educate me.