commands to finish off aTV Flash 3.2.2 installation

I don’t know about the rest of you. It took me till my 5th or 6th time of installing aTV before I read the fine print in the log after Smart Install finishes. You have to use ssh and run 2 commands “to complete the install”. Not sure why, but it seems to have something to do with fixing ARD connectivity to the aTV. Anyway, I copy letter by letter from the log displayed on my HDTV and still made typos (in particular, spaces were hard to decipher). So here it is for you all to copy and paste in after ssh -1 frontrow@ip-address-of-your-aTV (password: frontrow)

sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -configure -clientopts -setvnclegacy -vnclegacy yes

sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -access -on -users frontrow -privs -all -restart -agent -menu

(Tested and works!)

Was able to ARD to my aTV after this, but can’t do anything once connected besides looking at the GUI. Does anyone know why the developers went to the trouble of “fixing” this function?