Clean install of ATV OS?

Hey all,

Just brought the Atv-flash patchstick and all went well up to the point where it began loading the patch when it showed the error [Installation failed! unable to mount boot partition] reading through the forums it seems the HDD needs to be wiped and re-partitioned with a clean install of the ATV OS???

At the moment the ATV just starts to boot then flashes up with the apple logo then tries to boot again repeatedly .

Problem is I’ve only got windows XP and win 7 machines, is there a way I can do the clean install with these machines or do I need to some how get hold of a mac.

Any help at all would be much appreciated. 

Cheers.

Tom

I’m currently looking into this as i have forgotten my root password.  Shouldn’t be too much of an issue as you can probably do what I think I will have to do.  You will need to download the factory image and simply “image the drive” with that file.  Basically you will be getting a .bin .iso or some other format which is a complete copy of an original drive.  Once you have that image file, you will have to push it onto the drive.  Most likely you will have to remove the drive from the ATV to do this.

I’ll let you know how it goes from my end.  If all goes as it should, perhaps you can your box to me and I can do this for you, unless you live near Tennessee.