Now I can’t use SMB at all. Whenever i’m trying to play a file Infuse comes with: “an error occurred loading this content”. I tried to remove the SMB share, and reinstall it, but the error just shows up doing the setup.
I can use the UpNP setup without any kind of problems.
I’ve to admit that SMB have always been a real pain with Infuse.
Two years ago, we were already discussing those connections issue right here on the forum.
Today, I’ve tried again:
• Fresh new install of Infuse 6
• SMB running (and working cause I’m using it every day to work) on my Mac mini macOS server.
• Infuse won’t connect, ever.
• Documents.app (from Readdle), do connect…
• SMB is the one protocol I would like to use. Simple:
Apple has no FTP server by default, security is soso
Apple have dropped WebDAV UI
NFS and SFTP need much intensive setup to avoid anyone browsing the complete server drive = security concern
this leave us with SMB, on macOS.
• Please note that Infuse v5 is providing an option to select what SMB version to use, and I can access my server with SMB1
• So unless this feature is hidden somewhere, looks like we have a regression here.
Oh boy, it was there, but still non visible to my eyes.
Not sure we are following Apple’s Guidelines here, since texts on grey area are more maint for labelling.
Anyway, it worked! Thanks you Bullseye.