Can't update my ATV GEN2

I can update my Apple TV second generation, the firmware installed in Apple TV 4.2 i when I press update from inside the Apple TV it say it is up to date and when I try from iTunes doesn't work for some reason.

I can't update please if any idea please help me guys

You can only update a jailbroken ATV2 by redoing the jailbreak for a later firmware version (which wipes the existing contents).  The latest jailbreak available is for the 5.3 firmware.

You can also go to the latest non-jailbroken Apple firmware by doing a restore in iTunes (which also wipes existing contents).

[quote="itimpi"]

You can only update a jailbroken ATV2 by redoing the jailbreak for a later firmware version (which wipes the existing contents).  The latest jailbreak available is for the 5.3 firmware.

You can also go to the latest non-jailbroken Apple firmware by doing a restore in iTunes (which also wipes existing contents).

[/quote]

iTunes cant detect apple tv for some resone and when i try to jailbreaking it with the latest firmware but it failed doing so

I cant update my aTV Gen2. Says I'm out of space. But I only have Infuse and Maintenance installed. All the other channels are hidden. I've restarted and tried and still says not enough space.

I had to plug in my power cord, seems odd but to restore it I had to. Then went into DFU mode. Once restored I used Seas0n Pass.

Restore in Itunes to latest and greatest ( You might need the Power cord), Enter DFU mode.

Then run Seas0n Pass. Seas0n Pass will then downgrade it to ios 5.3 with Firecore installed.

Run ATVFlash Black - Purchase if you haven't.

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/12097

my post that resolved my issue WITHOUT having to re-jailbreak, hope this helps