Can't untether. Please help ...

Here’s the sticky about some mac issues…

I’ve restored to 5.3 in I tunes. But what ever I do I keep getting the same error message.

So you cannot jailbreak tethered on 5.3 via seasonpass 0.9.3? 

No. All I get is the message FIRMWARE RESTORE FAILED

Are you using itunes to down grade to 5.3 ? If so you have to let it upgrade to current firmware version 6.0.2 then Season pass will downgrade it to 5.3.

Also just tried this if you restore in itunes and plug your Atv 2 in without the jailbreak it will hang up when jailbreak is applied.

Yep, continue trying to restore to 6.0.2 in iTunes and then immediately jailbreak on 5.3 with seasonpass 0.9.5   If after a few tries it still doesn’t work then I suggest you try using a different computer. 

Tried everything apart from different computer . Will try that at the weekend

Just to let you all know after trying 3 times on a different laptop it finally worked . I think it’s something to do with USB port communicating with atv2. But any way I’m there…

I would just like to say to everyone who left a comment a very big thanks , it was nice to know that I wasn’t left alone with this problem and that lots of you are willing to help…

ONCE AGAIN THANKS…

I too would like to thank you for all your help. All I had to do was upgrade to maverick and it worked.