Can't see my USB Drive

HI,

just upgraded to ATV Flash 3.5… Set my ATV back, installed the 3.5, Smart installer… Everything seems to be the same as before, just one main difference:
When i go to files - movies my USB Drive doesnt appear. It was used to appear there before though. It appears when i go to files - places. It also works in nito, boxee, etc. Now my major problem: I can connect to my ATV. When i go to the folder movies it seems to be empty?!? I also cannot find my USB drive an any other folder via ftp. Any ideas?

Cheers
Puremind

Is your hard drive connected while the Apple TV starts up? If not, make sure it is. It should then be listed in the Files > Movies directory.

Just found what i did wrong…stupid mistake:

For some reason i thought it would be good idea to set back my ATV to default…i did so. After that i installed the ATVflash and forgot to update the ATV itself before… :oops:

Kinda seems that this was not my problem :S

Just to get things correct:
I set aTV back
I running the actual software 2.3 for aTV
I make my flash drive, flashing the whole thing
I run smart installer
I plug in the USB drive…

I can’t find the mistake?
I see the USB drive only in "Files - Media - “HDD” (name of my USB drive)
I can’t see the USB drive in “nitoTV - files”
I can’t find my USB drive when connecting with ftp

When i do an SSH connection i can find my USB drive though

-bash-2.05b$ cd ../.. -bash-2.05b$ cd /mnt/Scratch/Volumes -bash-2.05b$ dir -bash: dir: command not found -bash-2.05b$ ls HDD OSBoot -bash-2.05b$

Guys, I really do need your help please!!! I’m kinda desperate… this whole flash thing makes absolutely no sense when i can’t upload files via ftp

cheers

I have been unable to get this fixed for over a month now, since ver. 3.4.5 and no ones seems to know what it is and have made little effort to fix the problem. Pretty frustrating to pay for something that doesn’t work.

I kinda fixed that problem:

after i wrote my last entry i kept searching the internet. Couldnt find anything. I then connected again with ftp and without doing anything my disk appears? Everything works fine now. I did the whole installation process again and the same failure appeared. Then i just waitet for like 30minutes, doing nothing! and for some strange reason the whole thing starts working!??

The 2.3.1 Apple update release yesterday has caused a few issues with the aTV Flash version 3.5, most notably it has cause a conflict with the USB hard drive feature.

We are working on a fix, and should have an updated version available shortly.

@dvdflashbacks USB drives should still work fine if you are still running the 2.3 Apple TV software with aTV Flash version 3.5. Make sure you have the ‘auto linking’ option in nitoTV > Settings set to ON, and have the hard drive plugged in as the Apple TV starts up.

hi guys,

i’ve just bought atv and installed atv flash.

I’m unable to see external HDD…has this clash between 2.3.1/3.5.1 been fixed or am i experienceing something different?

Hi,
I am experiencing the same issue. I can not login via terminal to point the ATV to the external usb drive. Just to explain, I open Terminal and type in “ssh frontrow@appletv.local”.
I then get the following error:
“@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
ac:3a:ef:ac:a2:8f:27:03:8e:37:73:d6:ca:a0:6b:e5.
Please contact your system administrator.
Add correct host key in /Users/stevenodette/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
Offending key in /Users/stevenodette/.ssh/known_hosts:1
RSA host key for appletv.local has changed and you have requested strict checking.
Host key verification failed.”

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Kind Regards

StevenG

For that message you have to get rid of the known_hosts file on your Mac. To do that open up Terminal and type:

rm ~/.ssh/known_hosts

That should allow you to reconnect to the Apple TV.

Thanks for that. Works well now.