Can't save SHSH blobs

tinyumbrella will not currently save blobs for 5.3 on OSX or Windows

iFaith and Seas0npass for me originally would not save the blobs. I found the solution was to install 5.3 using iTunes (using shift+click restore method or option+click restore depending on what OS you are on, and then manually selecting the 5.3 ipsw which you need to download manually) then trying to save my blobs before jailbreak. 

Hi, I’m having the same problem. I’m not able to save shsh blobs using any of the tools or with atvflash.

So what I’m hearing is that it may be possible to save the shsh blob when the device is in the non-jailbreak state. Is that true? When it was in that state, what did you use to save the shsh blob? Did Seas0onpass or TinyUmbrella work then, or did you use iFaith? The latest TinyUmbrella doesn’t seem to run at all on my Mac with OSX 10.9.5. The app opens for a split second and then just closes.

Thanks,
Dan

It has been some time since I tried again to save 5.3 signatures – after SUCCESSFULY saving them months ago.

This thread explains exactly how I was able to do it 100% of the time… and then the issues that followed preventing me from ever doing it again. Perhaps others have tried in the meantime, or could try again, to see if this method works.

With so many other options available and with the sad lack of administrative support here, I have decided that there are better options on which to enjoy XBMC.

You can’t blame them for less support these days, their business has come to a near halt with the inability to jailbreak the 3rd Generation and yes you are correct the are much better options out there. The apple tv 2 and 1 hardware is old and antiquated now and it may be sad but it is time to say goodbye to it. But keep in mind it was about $100 3 years ago and has provided you with endless entertainment all this time… thats $33 a year… pretty good deal if you ask me.

check out www.raw-media.ca for some great alternatives that will make you wonder why you even used an apple tv, significantly less buffering, faster processors, better picture quality.