Can't save SHSH blobs

Hi,

Recently acquired an ATV2 with 5.3 installed. I tried to save the SHSH blobs via tinyumbrella and seasonpass. However, no luck and after several searches on the internet (and installing all sorts of malware), I thought I’d ask for any experiences of other users in this field. Is there something I’m missing? Any help is welcome!

No need to first save shsh blobs if 5.3 is installed as it is the current release that Apple is still signing… Simply run the SeasonPass jailbreak as SeasonPass can get the blobs from Apple.

Thnx itimpi and true, but I want to make sure I’m always able to go back to this version (for example when accidentally updated to a new version (September 10?) that can’t be jailbroken…)

hello,

i’m having a real problem with my apple tv , i’m trying to save shsh blobs for my 5.2.1 with tinyumbrella but i got an error message that apple stop signing for that so i looked for another solution and i found ifaith can grab your cashed shsh blobs but for some reason i faith doesnt wanna do it ? it stucks on exploitation and when i push it with ireb it stucks on upload ibec …all am trying to do is to rejailbreak my apple tv 2  PLEASE HELP ME FIRE CORE .

THANKS

hello,

i’m having a real problem with my apple tv , i’m trying to save shsh blobs for my 5.2.1 with tinyumbrella but i got an error message that apple stop signing for that so i looked for another solution and i found ifaith can grab your cashed shsh blobs but for some reason i faith doesnt wanna do it ? it stucks on exploitation and when i push it with ireb it stucks on upload ibec …all am trying to do is to rejailbreak my apple tv 2  PLEASE HELP ME FIRE CORE .

THANKS

Try iFaith on a PC and then Jailbreak on a Mac.

Do you have a good link for iFaith, I was only able to find an old version and some malware…? Highly appreciated!

I unfortunately do not own a Mac, does it also work on windows?

Try their home page /ih8sn0w.com/

And keep the old version you have if it is 1.51 or 1.52, cause they are used to get shsh from Old Apple tv’s firmware like 4.3.

I had not success using seasonpass on windows with old Apple tv’s firmware but works ok with the new ones.

Thanks, think I had some bad luck visiting their website, since I was now able to download v 1.5.9 of iFaith. I’m able to use iFaith, but it said it didn’t found any shsh blobs in the firmware. The next times I tried I got stuck at the waiting for apple tv screen.

Could it be that you need to do this with original software, so not jailbroken by seasonpass?

Any thoughts are highly appreciated!

OK, finally managed to get the blobs for 5.3 (nicely in time between the old and new 6.0)

I restored the ATV through itunes with a regular 5.3 ios (don’t know if this step is necessary)

Than used ifaith 1.59 to extract the blobs, but this took me several times with regular IOS boots in between before I succeeded

Try running iFaith with iTunes open as well (no idea why but it works for me) and if that doesn’t work open TU for good measure…

Hi, I am having trouble saving my current shsh blobs for atv2 with tinyumbrella for firmware 5.3. TinyUmbrella works perfectly, although it does not recognize any blobs higher than firmware 5.2. I really want to get these things saved before apple stops signing. anybody have any suggestions?

HALLO EVERYBODY I HAVE A APPLE TV 2 AND I CANT GET MY HSHS

I HAVE TRIED ; IFAITH BUT I STOP AND IT SAYS ‘’ WAITING FOR APPLE TV

I HAVEN TRIED TINYUMBRELLA AND IF WONTH RECENIZE MY MY APPLE TV 2

I HAVEN TRIED THIS IN A APPLE COMPUTER , AND I HAVE TRIED THIS ON A WINDOWS 7 ''NO POSITIEF RESOLD

MY APPLE TV2 HAVE UPDATE 6. SOMETHING ,BUT I CAN GET MY HSHS 

HELP !!!   HELP !!! HELP !!!  SOME ONE !

HALLO EVERYBODY I HAVE A APPLE TV 2 AND I CANT GET MY HSHS

I HAVE TRIED ; IFAITH BUT I STOP AND IT SAYS ‘’ WAITING FOR APPLE TV

I HAVEN TRIED TINYUMBRELLA AND IF WONTH RECENIZE MY MY APPLE TV 2

I HAVEN TRIED THIS IN A APPLE COMPUTER , AND I HAVE TRIED THIS ON A WINDOWS 7 ''NO POSITIEF RESOLD

MY APPLE TV2 HAVE UPDATE 6. SOMETHING ,BUT I CAN GET MY HSHS 

HELP !!!   HELP !!! HELP !!!  SOME ONE !

I cannot see that the original post has been answered. I have the same problem. The latest Tinyumbrella does not save my blobs for 5.3. 

I want these saved and backed up, so I can come back to 5.3, later if I want to.

Does Tinumbrella not do this anymore?

Thanks,
Rick 

I just put a check back in for ‘request from Cydia’  now several more blobs showed.

I only had 4.2 before. Now the lates I see is 5.1.b3, but this is not 5.3 ,is it?

Thanks,
Rick 

i have tested this as well with seas0npass… it will not back up the SHSH blobs for 5.3. It appears that iFaith, which seems to be the built in utility for this (it shows iFaith in the bar as it trys to back up the blobs), does not back up the SHSH blobs. I will see if there is a newer version of seas0npass and try again.

Same issue here. Untethered Jailbreak to 5.3 was successful with seas0npass, but can’t get blobs to saves. Tried to save SHSH with tinyumbrella, seas0npass, and then aTV Flash- no dice with any of them.

Same problem here… any help would be highly appreciated.

i have found nothing that will back up 5.3 blobs