When I choose DVD -> Applications -> Firefox (or any other app that I’ve uploaded to the “frontrow” Application’s folder), the Apple TV menu disappears, an Apple appears, and it sits there forever.
I’ve even done a fresh install from a factory reset. Still won’t work.Here’s what I’ve done:
- restore from factory to 2.0 (that’s what my Apple TV came with)
- update to 2.2
- install ATV 3.3.5 (no errors or problems). Rebooted twice.
- FTPed to Documents:
CoreAudioKit.framework (from a fresh install of 10.4 updated to 10.4.11)
- ran Maintenance -> Install Flash
- ran Maintenance -> Install QuickTime
- ran DVD -> Settings -> Install Software -> Install Turbo’s Kextloader
- ran DVD -> Settings -> Install Software -> Smart Installer
- FTPed to Applications:
Firefox.app fresh from a .dmg for Firefox 3.0.4
- rebooted Apple TV
- chose DVD -> Applications -> Firefox
I’ve waited 10+ minutes. But nothing happens at all. I’ve tried other applications, and they all function exactly the same way.