I’ve been trying all day to jailbreak my new Apple TV, but have been going round in circles and it’s still not jailbroken.
I’ve been using the ATV2 for the last couple of days as standard and have updated the software to 4.4.2. Today I downloaded and purchased the ATV Flash software and Seas0n Pass and thought it would be a simple process to jail break it.
I’ve followed these instructions on your site :
How do I update?
Seas0nPass will default to the latest untethered version, which is currently 4.3. If you want to use Seas0nPass to update and jailbreak a newer version simply follow the steps below.
- Download version 4.4.2 (9A336a) and save the IPSW in an easy to find location.
- Download the latest version of Seas0nPass.
- Open Seas0nPass then Option + click (Mac) or Shift + click (PC) the Create IPSW button and select the new IPSW file that was downloaded in step #1.
- Seas0nPass will complete the jailbreak and restore process automatically.
- After the restore is complete, move the AppleTV to your TV and follow the steps for performing a Tethered Boot.
When I get to part 4, season pass tells me that the “iTunes restore script successful” and then proceeds to open up iTunes where it pops up a window with 2 ipsw files. It seems to automatically choose one itself and then restore the ATV2 with Apple.
The next part of the process is confusing me??? What I’ve done is plugged the ATV2 back into my TV and ran the aTV Flash software. It picks up my ATV2 OK, but then tell me it’s not jailbroken!
I’ve repeated the process about 6 times, on this final time I’m getting the following iTunes error : " The Apple TV could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600)
Could someone please give me simple steps on how to jailbreak and install the aTV Flash software please?
Thank you for your time.