Can't jailbreak my Apple TV 2

I’ve tried for like 10 times now, but I do not succeed in jailbreaking my apple tv 2 using the description at http://support.firecore.com/entries/387605 and with the latest Seas0nPass. I am stuck at step 4. Nothing happens when holding menu and play/pause for 7 seconds. I am running the latest iOS on my apple tv 2 and latest version of iTunes on my mac (snow leopard 10.6.8).

The instructions sais; “Once the light on the front of the AppleTV begins to flash rapidly, point the remote at the AppleTV and hold both the MENU and PLAY/PAUSE buttons for 7 seven seconds.” However, the light on the front of the AppleTV never begins to flash rapidly when connecting it to my mac. The light on the front begins to flash rapidly when holding the buttons for 7 seconds. However, iTunes never starts and the device does not enter DFU Mode.

I’ve also tried the “tethered boot” without luck… Honestly, I don’t know what untethered and tethered means.

Please suggest what could be wrong. Thanks!

First of all, you need to have an aluminum for this to work. Then plug in the power cord to your Apple TV only (no micro usb to computer yet) until the light stays lit. After this, unplug the power cord & plug in the micro usb cable to Apple TV and computer. Run Seas0npass & follow instructions on that site again. Make sure you hold Menu & Play for full 7 secs.

Untethered means you don’t need a computer to boot Apple TV up. Tethered means you need to hook up micro usb to a computer & use Seas0npass to help boot Apple TV up.