Can't Install ATV Flash to AppleTV

Hi Folks,

I can’t install ATV flash to m apple TV. I did exactly what the intallation guide and successfully install the image to my flash drive.

Here is what I did:

1. Update to most current software through AppleTV Settings → My version is 3.0.2
  2. Power off the AppleTV (by unplugging it) and insert the flash drive containing the aTV Flash software into the USB port on the back of the AppleTV. → Yes, I did
  3. Power on the AppleTV to start the installation. → Yes, I did
  4. The aTV Flash logo will appear and the installation will begin. → No, I didn’t see the logo
  5. When prompted, power off the AppleTV, remove the flash drive, and power on the AppleTV. → Fail in Step 4 so never have chance to see Step 5
  6. The AppleTV will start up and the normal AppleTV menu will appear. → Same as Step 5, never see

Can any one tell me what’s going wrong?

Thank you!

Xiao

Reformat the USB drive, starting by removing all partitions on it. Some drives come pre-loaded with several partitions and applications, these are not always compatible with AppleTV. U3 is an example of such an application that is not compatible with aTVflash.

Then redo the flashdrive with the aTVflash app.

If it still does not work, try a different USB key, not all USB keys can be made bootable (rare these days however, but if it is an old USB it is more likely).

Working USB sticks are posted in the stickies at the top of this area. http://forum.atvflash.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68

Oh yeah. I changed to another USB key and it works perfect. Thank you very much!