Can't find metadata for one HBO TV show

Dear Infuse Community:

Recently I added one HBO TV Show/Documentary named: “The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst” in Infuse but can’t match or manually find the metadata for it. However I can find it at The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst - TheTVDB.com which is the database Infuse is using as I heard.

Can someone help me find a way to add the metadata into Infuse of it?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

Can you provide a sample of how you have named the files?

Hey NC Bullseye thanks for the reply.
Please see my screenshot in the attachment.

Also, when editing metadata I tried searched keyword like “Jinx”, “The Jinx”, “Robert Durst”, “The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst”, but none of them worked.

The reason it can’t be found is that with the way you have the file named Infuse is looking for a movie, not a TV series.

I just tried this:

The Jinx - The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst S01E01.mkv
The Jinx - The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst S01E02.mkv
The Jinx - The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst S01E03.mkv
The Jinx - The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst S01E04.mkv
The Jinx - The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst S01E05.mkv
The Jinx - The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst S01E06.mkv

And it worked great, it found all the metadata without even having to do the edit routine.

You can still have the rest of the file name after the “S01E01” but just delete the “Part 1” and replace it with the S01E01 and you should be good to go.

This user guide will help with understanding the naming for files to make it work in Infuse. Metadata 101 – Firecore

The recommended way is to use the “S01E01” format

I’m having a similar issue. I have Westworld in my library (Library / Video Library / TV Shows / Westworld / Season 03 / Westworld S03E01 - Parce Domine.m4v) and Infuse won’t find any metadata for it even though it’s listed in thetvdb.com

What am I missing?

screen_shot_2020-03-16_at_8.23.29_am.png

Probably not your fault Metadata issues for tv shows slowness/not found please read

Will update that post when I find out new info but for now it’s a waiting game.

Thanks for the update!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.