I’ve been loving Infuse Pro for quite a while now. I love how I can basically throw whatever into Infuse’s folder and it will sort everything neatly on it’s library. But this has been driving me absolutely insane for the past two weeks or so, since I started adding cartoons.
Every single one of my kids shows falls into this situation.
Except this are not two episodes on one file, this are two “shorts” inside one episode. That’s the way cartoons used to air (honestly don’t know if they still do them that way).
IMDb has them listed per episode. themoviedb.org also has them listed per episodes. It’s thetvdb.com that (for some inexplicable reason) has them divided per shorts instead of per episode.
I used to think (like e3qzf said) that the only way to view them correctly on thetvdb.com was to select “DVD Order”, but some shows have their seasons divided on more than one DVD.
For example Animaniacs. On themoviedb, it shows season 1 as having 65 -correctly numbered- episodes, and 2/3 “shorts” per episode.
On thetvdb, season 1 has 160 “episodes” (shorts). If we sort them out by DVD order, it shows DVD 1 with 25 episodes, DVD 2 with 25 episodes and DVD 3 with 15 episodes.
So I’m guessing if we change it to be sorted by DVD order, I would have to rename everything and S01E65 would have to be something like S01DVD3E15…
Maybe it would be easier to have animated tv shows get themoviedb metadata, or to let us choose between one or the other
I still don’t know if I should just create a new folder and use my own local metadata on that (killing one of the reasons I love Infuse), or if I should name them according to thetvdb.com’s “shorts” (having every even numbered episode “missing”), knowing that if James releases some update to fix all of this, then I’m gonna have to rename all of those episodes…
I hope we can get some sort of update on this…