Cannot Update or Add apps

I have seen some issues posted on various forums but none seem the same as what I am experiencing.

I have 2.4 Flash on ATV2 and trying to update XBMX to 13.1 and installation fails.  Nothing is displayed when I view log.  I cannot install any other apps (e.g Infuse) as I get a similar installation failed.

Also notice that nothing can get added to the library when I scan library and when I try and obtain Movie/TV Information from Library I get a No Info Found.

I cannot install any add-ons and started getting script errors for the trakt.tv add on

Not sure what to do I re-ran 2.4 installer on my Mac and got 'Installation failed.  Sorry, the installer could not install Maintenance (Error 3.2)'

I am sure all the above is linked to the same issue but for the life of me I do not know what it is.  As far as I'm concerned nothing has changed recently (I added new content fine only 2 days ago) apart from me trying to Update XBMC.

The only other slight clue is despite the update failing and I am still on 13.0 Gotham when I exit XBMC the exit/shudown menu doesn't have the Inhibit Shutdown option.  Not sure why but if I can't update it then why has it changed.

Appreciate any advice...

Hi all,

got the same issue for weeks. My ATV2 has an unthetherd jailbreak with firmware 5.3 and installed aTVFlash 2.4. Since weeks I try to update Infuse and/or install any other programm package. Everything fails with the error message "Installation failed". Log is empty. To do a new 2.4 aTVFlash installation fails also.

Another bug appears if I want to playback pictures from my NAS. There is no problem to reach and display the folder with its content, but then only a placeholder (cinema ticket) instead of the picture is shown.

Is there any help around here?

Many Thanks

Hans-Hans

I also now have this issue, XMBC cannot be updated. Installation Failed! no log.

Manage Extras->Update All fails identically. System can get into state where power cycle is required.

NitoTV -> try to delete package fails and shows following errors

Reading package lists...

E: Write error - write (28: No space left on device)

E: Can't mmap an empty file

E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

power cycle/reboot has no effect on releasing space, infuse and xmbc are in screwy states

Does anyone from Firecore read these or is there a more formal way to submit issues for resolution?

Thanks

I have raised a ticket so shall post back when I hear something

Marvellous, I raise a ticket and then go and solve the problem it seems...

Found another discussion no totally related but I gave it a whirl....

Using the instructions below I connected to my Apple TV using Cyberduck

http://support.firecore.com/entries/316002-Connecting-via-SSH-and-SFTP

I then deleted the video caches files in these locations..

Check the video cache folders:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/LocalAndRental

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/Other

anytime I have had the diskspace issue it was because of the CachedMediaxxx files in those folders. It should be safe to just delete everything in the folder including the .plist file

This last bit is from this discussion and suggested by user usermike

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/4677

I have done and rebooted the Apple TV and could update to XBMC 13.1 and can install adds on.  Basically it all works as it did...

Hope it works for you guys...