Cannot understand where Infuse gets the movie Title from when sorting by TItle. Sort always wrong in Favourites, plese help

HI guys,

This is a complete mystery to me. No matter what I do, some movies are not correctly sorted in Favorites folder.

Important : I am using Local Metadata only (I have nfo files for each movie, correctly named after each movie file).
Here is an example :

I have 3 movies named :

Angelique 1 - Marquise des Anges
Angelique 2 - Merveilleuse Angelique
Angelique 3 - Angelique et le Roy

I cannot get these to display in the correct order in Favorite view : Angelique 3 comes first, before Angelique 1.

In the nfo files, I have set all titles to the same to be sure, as I did not know which one Infuse is using for sorting the movies in Favorites view.

So I have in my 3 nfo files :

• File Angelique 1 - Marquise des Anges (1964).nfo
Angelique 1 - Marquise des Anges Angelique 1, Marquise Des Anges Angelique l'intégrale Angelique 1 etc..
  • File Angelique 2 - Merveilleuse Angelique (1964).nfo
Angelique 2 - Merveilleuse Angelique Angelique 2 - Merveilleuse Angelique Angelique l'intégrale Angelique 2 etc..
  • File Angelique 3 - Angelique et le Roy (1965).nfo
Angelique 3 - Angelique et le Roy Angelique 3 - Angelique et le Roy Angelique l'intégrale Angelique 3 etc..

Everything seems ok, I see no way Infuse could display these movies in the wrong order as all titles and filenames are aligned, and still, it displays Angelique 3 before Angelique 1, and Angelique 2 gets displayed after 6 other movies on the screen (Cars, Dumbo, Final FAntasy, Freakt Friday.

I even tried to remove the favorites and recreate it on the folder containing the movies, result is always the same.

I am getting crazy with this. Can you help ?

OK, I think Infuse keeps getting the movie titles from TMDB even though I set it to use local metadata.
That’s why it uses “Marquise des Anges” as the sort tile for Angelique 1 and “Indomptable Angelique” for Angelique 4, which of course displqys Angelique 4 before Angelique 1 in the views.

When using local metedata, Infuse should probably get the title from the “sorttitle” tag of the xml/nfo file and not from the INternet.
I will submit this as a suggestion in the dedicated part of the forum.
Only solution I found for now is to sort by Filename and have my FIles named correctly for correct sorting.

Ciao

It’s also possible your videos have titles embedded within them, and having the Embedded Metadata or Local Metadata options enabled will cause Infuse to extract and use this title.

Thanks James, good point I will check the initial MKV files with some editor for embedded titles.
Still, I think that when user decides to use local metadata, some choice should be given as to use embedded metadata if any vs use the contents of the xml/nfo file.

A valid suggestion for a future release ? :wink:

I’ll revert here if I find embedded metadata in my mkv file

Ciao

Hi again

Just checked the initial MP4 file with metaz, metadata editor and on mac in the get info/more info box.
Embedded titles for all files are the ones I chose, i.e Angelique 1 - xxx, Angelique 2 - xxx, Angelique 3 - xxx, so there is no apparent reason why it would not sort correctly by title, unless it still gets the movie title from TMdb.
Anyway, nice to have in a next release, but no showstopper for me as sorting by filenames allow full customization on the sorting appearance.

Cheers

One thing you can try is to change the Sort Order option to Filename in Infuse > Settings. This will give you absolute control over how things are sorted by adjusting the actual filenames.

He he James,

Exactly what I wrote above :
“Anyway, nice to have in a next release, but no showstopper for me as sorting by filenames allow full customization on the sorting appearance.”
Sorting by filename is indeed ok, but the other one should also work in the future :slight_smile:

Ha…maybe I need some glasses. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ha…maybe I need some glasses.

Don’t we all as time goes by :wink: :wink: