Cannot select new cover art from the Internet

Hi all

I have some wrong coverart fetched by Infuse so I was willing to change them.
Been reading the article on Metadata & Coverart, and was interested by the following :

"Inevitably there will be times when incorrect metadata and cover art is downloaded for one or more files. The good news is you can easily make corrections by following the steps below.
Locate the file that is showing the incorrect information.
Highlight the file and hold the center (select) button to open the popup menu.
Choose the ‘Reload Metadata’ option and select the correct title from the list that appears.

Unfortunately I see no “Reload Metadata” option. When I click on center, I get “Mark as Watched/ Mark as Unwatched / Edit metadata”.
When I then select “Edit Metadata”, I can only change the title of the movie and I never see a list of possible movie titles with cover arts to chose from like it is shown in the Blade example in the article “Metadata & Coverart”.
The article latest update is dated 14 days old, so I guess it applies to the latest version of Infuse 5 pro ?

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help.

Often the reason for missing or incorrect metadata is the naming of the file. Can you provide the exact file name for the ones that are incorrect?

Also you’re doing it right with the “edit metadata” you just need to start entering the name in the search block and it will start providing possible matches below on that screen. When the right one is available, just scroll down and select it. If you don’t get any suggestions still keep entering the entire name of the movie or series, sometimes it goes to no suggestions and then finds more after you enter more of the name.

1 Like

Thanks so much NC Bullseye, that was it.
I thought that Infuse would automatically propose me with alternative movie titles, didn’t even think about using the search box for the same movie title.
(by the way proposing automatically other matches for the same title would be an improvement I think).

Thanks again, working fine now :slight_smile:

Cheers

Outstanding! Glad it worked for you. There are times with infuse that you have to channel your “inner nerd” to figure things out but it’s still about the best deal going for media players.