Cannot run Smart Installer

Ok, this is very frustrating.  I had no problems until I got to step 2 of the post installl check list when it said to install Nito Smart Installer.  I have been through the forums looking for a possible solution.

I tried to download the Mac OS X 10.4.9 combo update, but the links on apple's website are broken and when I tried to download it from opendrivers.com the downloads starts and then about 5 minutes later just ends in an error.  

When I connect via cyberduck I don't have and dmg files in documents, only an empty folder labled packages.  If I am doing something wrong, please tell me.  I really want to be able use an external hard drive.  Please help if you can.  I'll take any ideas.

JP

EDIT:  I found the dmg online (Finally) and drug it over into documents.  I just put the link below in google and downloaded.  Things work great now.

http://supportdownload.apple.com/download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/Mac_OS_X/downloads/061-3165.20070313.iU8y4/MacOSXUpdCombo10.4.9Intel.dmg