Cannot play VIDEO_TS

I have upgraded to 3.2, and installed a ripped DVD using Cyberduck.

When I navigate via the DVD menu to the VIDEO_TS file and try to play, the AppleTV just hangs.

How long should I expect to wait for the file to play?

Make sure you have installed the mplayer codecs prior to playing DVD files. This can be done through the DVD > Settings > Install Software menu.

Disregard.

Make sure you have installed the mplayer codecs prior to playing DVD files. This can be done through the DVD > Settings > Install Software menu.[/quote]

I installed them as soon as I completed the install of 3.2. Still, it hangs. I’ll try the mplayer codecs installation again, but…

Make sure you have installed the mplayer codecs prior to playing DVD files. This can be done through the DVD > Settings > Install Software menu.[/quote]

I installed them as soon as I completed the install of 3.2. Still, it hangs. I’ll try the mplayer codecs installation again, but…[/quote]

There is also an option in the Settings section of the DVD plugin to enable DVD menus. If your VIDEO TS files have menus in them, this setting should be set to yes.

Hello,

I have the same problem as the OP. I’m running AppleTV 2.1 and aTV Flash 3.2. I didn’t have any problems with the installation, and I’ve installed the mplayer codecs. I’ve tried two different VIDEO_TS folders, both from a USB hard drive and FTP’ed to the AppleTV. Even though my VIDEO_TS files have no menus, I’ve tried turning the DVD Menus setting on and off.

[list][]If I start at the top-level DVD menu (DVD>Files>Movies>X-Files), I end up with a blank screen except for a DVD icon and the title of the movie in the upper right corner. If the Video Menus setting is turned on, then the AppleTV’s HDMI video output shuts off. (I even tried to troubleshoot that last result by changing resolutions down to 480p on the AppleTV.)
[/
:m]
[]If I start at the top-level Files menu (Files>Movies>X-Files>VIDEO_TS), I get to a screen that says Authorizing…, and then I get a message saying my AppleTV isn’t authorized to play the file.[/:m][/list:u]
The Mac’s DVD Player will play both of my VIDEO_TS files from the hard disk.

I’d greatly appreciate any suggestions to make this work. My reason for buying aTV Flash was to put all my DVDs on an external USB drive and be able to play them on my AppleTV. So far, it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to do that without ripping my DVDs with HandBrake, which I’d rather avoid (it doesn’t RIP in 1:1, so there’s a ton of overhead and additional compression artifacts are introduced in the process).

Thanks in advance.

e

I have an update:

I’ve re-ripped (using MacTheRipper 3.0b14, if that matters) one of the DVDs to include the entire disc, menus and all. Now, with DVD Menus turned on, the VIDEO_TS file will play at 480p, but not at any of the higher resolutions; audio is always there.

If I try the file with DVD Menus turned off, the the AppleTV hangs and has to be rebooted twice.

Shouldn’t I be able to have the AppleTV set at 720p or 1080p when watching a VIDEO_TS?

Thanks.

e

I upgraded from V3.0 which used Nito just fine with DVD’s - also did a factory reset to AppleTV2.0 still same issue where it hangs when you load the movie from the “DVD” menu, any help would be greatly appreciated