Cannot connect with FTP using Cyberduck

Hi,

I’ve just got my appletv and ATV Flash, install went fine but I cannot connect to my AppleTV using cyberduck or any other FTP program i’ve tried.

I’ve tried both AppleTV.local and the ip address and am using frontrow for both username and password, it tries to connect and I get an error saying:-

Network Error: Connection failed
ftp://frontrow@AppleTV.local:21
[color=#FF0000]Connection refused[/color]

Any ideas? I’m also having a problem syncing photos to my AppleTV, I get an error in iTunes saying I don not have enough access permissions. I’m using an iMac running Leopard and have also had the same ftp error when trying with my Macbook Air running Leopard.

This would be a great product if I could just get it to work!

Andy

I can't connect to apple tv using cyberduck.  

THe message says:

I / O ERROR: CONNECTION FAID

UNEXPECTED NULL REPLY RECEIVED

Please help

[quote="Anonymous"]

I can't connect to apple tv using cyberduck.  

THe message says:

I / O ERROR: CONNECTION FAID

UNEXPECTED NULL REPLY RECEIVED

Please help

[/quote]

Please be sure that You have free space on your Apple TV. I've just deleted couple of files using XBMC file menu & now it works as before.

I’m having similar problems and I’ve tried reinstalling aTV Flash with no change. I’m just confused as FTP previously worked and now doesn’t.

Are you running the latest 2.1 Apple TV software? You can verify the software installed through the Settings > General > About menu. If you see a version there older than 2.1, you will need to update to the 2.1 software before installing the aTV Flash.

Hi,

Yes i’m running 2.1, the AppleTV was one of the originals with version 1 software but I updated to 2.1 before installing ATV Flash.

Help?

Have you tried ssh1?

cheers
Winmann

winman
I haven’t tried ssh, really not sure how to? Can you tell me exactly what I need to do?

Thanks,

Andy

Ok, you get this from a strictly user point of view, since I don´t know anything about the ftp protocoll. Maybe the brighter guys out here will give detailed information:

With my ftp client (fugu) I´ve got the option to enforce a ssh1 (secure shell) connection to the atv. I can only connect to atv with this option enabled. So my recommendation would be to search for that option in cyberduck, or switch to fugu which worked like a champ for me.

cheers
Winmann

The FTP server software may not have installed correctly. It doesn’t typically have problems like this, but nothing is always 100%.

Try reinstalling the aTV Flash software. You can re-install the aTV Flash directly on top of what is currently installed. There is no need to remove any plugins, or factory restore the Apple TV.

Hi,

That worked a treat thank you, can FTP and connect through Finder :smiley:

Now i’m having another problem though, I cannot get the ATV to mount my external NAS drive through SMB, I just get the error “mount_smbfs: empty server name

I’m pretty sure I’ve put the server address in correctly, under finder on my mac it shows up as “smb://NAS500/NAS”, I’ve tried various differet versions of this but get the same error, I’ve tried a user login with username and password and a guest login but again get the same error.

Can somebody please help, I feel i’m so close now to getting the ATV I wanted! :?

Andy

Take a look at:
http://forum.atvflash.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=67

The link to the how to did not solve my problem with the empty server name. I still cannot connect to the server with SMB. It is a link station quad 2 TB with an integrated Media Server DLNA certified. What is my mistake? Can anyone please help that i can watch my movies via the Apple TV